SITREP: THREEhotDOGs

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
THREEhotDOGs
Future Soldier / Opt40

SITREP: THREEhotDOGs

Post by THREEhotDOGs »

Rangers, mentees, and whoever else is reading,
I am currently at the hotel the night before my ship date. Haven't gone to sleep yet because I'm so excited to get on the road.
I haven't been the ideal mentee the past couple of months. I haven't posted nearly as much as I should have. I haven't done as much studying as I should have, and I haven't kept up on my task list saying I would keep up on it and post regularly.
I'm not off to a good start in the eyes of the mentors and veterans of this site. But in my incompetence as a mentee I am determined as ever to prove myself and earn a spot in the regiment.
I will post my next update in a few weeks as soon as we get access to our phones and I've taken a good chunk out of OSUT.
Mentors, thank you for all of the help offered to me and all past, present, and future mentees. It is beyond appreciated and it goes beyond words what this website offers for all aspiring Rangers.
I'm on my way to prove myself to the world and to the veterans of this website.
Until next time.
Respectfully,
Josh
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20150202

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: THREEhotDOGs

Post by Steadfast »

THREEhotDOGs wrote:Rangers, mentees, and whoever else is reading,
I am currently at the hotel the night before my ship date. Haven't gone to sleep yet because I'm so excited to get on the road.
I haven't been the ideal mentee the past couple of months. I haven't posted nearly as much as I should have. I haven't done as much studying as I should have, and I haven't kept up on my task list saying I would keep up on it and post regularly.
I'm not off to a good start in the eyes of the mentors and veterans of this site. But in my incompetence as a mentee I am determined as ever to prove myself and earn a spot in the regiment.
I will post my next update in a few weeks as soon as we get access to our phones and I've taken a good chunk out of OSUT.
Mentors, thank you for all of the help offered to me and all past, present, and future mentees. It is beyond appreciated and it goes beyond words what this website offers for all aspiring Rangers.
I'm on my way to prove myself to the world and to the veterans of this website.
Until next time.
Respectfully,
Josh
THREEhotDOGs, 1st sitrep, you are off to a good start. I re-read your task list [completed], I hope you're still doing them.
Slow down,do not let you're excitement cause you to make costly mistakes.

Check in often with future sitreps. Never, never quit.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: THREEhotDOGs

Post by Jim »

Josh, you have come a long way in the past year or so. You have had the opportunity to learn a lot that will prove invaluable as you start OSUT, followed by BAC, and RASP. Make us proud of you. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Letters from School”