Introduction- Ernest

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

_morefromlife_
Egg

Introduction- Ernest

Post by _morefromlife_ »

Greetings Rangers, and thank you for allowing me to join the forum.

My name is Ernest. I am 20 years old,and I have decided that I will enlist in the Army. I am joining the army for several reasons but to keep it short, I want to live out my principles and temper myself in a furnace to be a better man. I work in my father's autobody & repair shop, and I have been ASE certified since 2011. I want to be a special operations soldier (Rangers or Special Forces... Rangers seem more fraternal which motivates me more),and later on in my military career; an officer.

height: 6'4"
weight: 167

pull-ups (solid form):15
mile time: 7:00
Push ups: 32

I have taken the asvab 3 days ago and scored 93 AFQT (GT127,CO134,ST133). My recruiters told me about the 35F MOS and encouraged me (4 of them at one time) to get the position while it was still open. So being a ghung-ho fool, when I heard about the doors that the clearance opened in the civilian world I said and I quote "sign me up!" :oops:, thankfully it's only reserved and uncomitted, no more caffeine when I already happy :lol: . This MOS (so I have been told) allows me to become a special forces candidate where I can attend SERE school 8). What is the best route? Should I even take this MOS to prepare me for 18x? I want to serve my friends the best I can; I would really appreciate the Rangers' opinions.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction- Ernest

Post by cams »

My opinion would be to do some research on here or anywhere else. You clearly have done none.

And work on your push-ups. They're pretty weak.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
_morefromlife_
Egg

Post by _morefromlife_ »

Thank you for the reply Ranger Cams, it is appreciated.

My push up count is something I cannot stand and have no excuse for it, but I'll PT until I get where I need to be even it kills me.

As for research; I have been reading more and I have decided to sign as an 18x. I'll take the MOS and run. It's what I want most, and I shouldn't dally with anything else. If I wash out, I'll be more prepared than the first time.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcomem Ernest, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. You have established a PT baseline to build on. Please tell us more about yourself. Do you speak a foreign language? You may find this link helpful. Never, never quit!

http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75th ... uiting.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Ernest.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
_morefromlife_
Egg

Post by _morefromlife_ »

Jim wrote:Please tell us more about yourself. Do you speak a foreign language?
Well, I have been wanting to sign ever since I young, but as I grew older the reasons changed(I haven't been able to sign right at 18 because of family responsibilities). I started to understand why and how the idea of a nation, especially this nation is so important. It's starts at the family unit, then the families are joined into a tribe, and the tribes join into a nation. I began to see the importance of sacrifice, I don't fully understand the pain and sacrifice for a nation because I have done NOTHING. Special Operations is something I felt like I was meant to do, I never thought if would want to try but only if I could make it. I have very high respect for men who endure hell for the choice of serving their country and not glory... I am scared ****less of airplanes but I want to HALO jump more than my fear can hold me back,

I speak fluent Ukrainian, sub-par Russian, and minimal Romanian.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

There is a physical training thread. In it there are several items on improving your PT scores authored by Ranger Silverback. You may find them helpful. You might want to see if your recruiter can arrange for you to take the Ukrainian language test. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ginger
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ginger »

Welcome Ernest!

PM Inbound.