SITREP - Adam

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Adam E.
Embryo

SITREP - Adam

Post by Adam E. »

Rangers,

I wanted to update my status since the last time I posted in Dec 13'. I have since earned an economics degree from the University of Michigan, I have been honorably discharged from my SMP National Guard contract, and lastly have earned an active duty commission. I branched Quartermaster and I will be attending BOLC mid-September. My first unit and duty station will be with the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Drum.

Each cycle at BOLC, the ALU offers 2 spots to Ranger school. My current goal is to earn one of those spots. The spots are allocated through PT scores, performance at separate 'Ranger' PT, tactical proficiency and a board assessment among other factors.

I am proud of what I have accomplished since I first joined here in March 2011 before I was even a cadet (completed OSUT, earned Governor's Twenty marksmanship tab). This site has given me a lot of inspiration to always aim higher and for that I am grateful.

I have spent a lot of my time since commissioning working out to improve my PT scores (I will post an updated RPFT Monday night). I look forward to these last few months spending time with my family and I am excited to earn my slot at RS.

V/r,
A
"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty" - Proverbs 14:23

125th IN 2011-2014
10th MTN *2015-
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP - Adam

Post by Jim »

Adam, thanks for the update. You are correct, the Loggies get very few Ranger School slots. My experience has been that when I see a Tabbed QM/OD officer, he was detailed combat arms or he branch transferred. Please take a look at our threads about the RS. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Adam E.
Embryo

Re: SITREP - Adam

Post by Adam E. »

Rangers,

Below is my updated RPFT. Considering my circumstances (I had eye surgery a month ago and lost training time), I am adequately pleased with the results. My push-up total sucks.

Pushups - 63
Situps - 80
5 Mile Run - 34:10
Pullups (dead hang) - 10

I will have to work very hard at BOLC since the ALU is only allotting two students to attend RS. My goal has been to do the following; 80 PU, 80 SU, Sub 35 min 5 mile, and 12+ pullups. I have two of four of these categories met and will continue to push to break past them.

I will administer and post updated RPFT results in 1 month.

A
"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty" - Proverbs 14:23

125th IN 2011-2014
10th MTN *2015-

Return to “Recruitment Process”