SITREP-Chad

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
woody
Ranger

SITREP-Chad

Post by woody »

I am currently at the MEPS hotel waiting to officially start the journey tomorrow. Thank you to all of the Rangers who took the time to provide us with the endless knowledge that's on this site. I didn't get to take part in a lot of assignments here but with the insight I've gained I feel well prepared for the task at hand.

Thanks Rangers,
Chad
Last edited by woody on May 27th, 2014, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
A co. 1/75
Ranger School Class 10-15
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by centermass »

You and Seth (smsst14) need to Buddy Up since you both have the same ship dates and OPT 40.

Keep your head in the game, and keep us posted when you can...that means the good, the bad and the ugly.

Good luck.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
woody
Ranger

Re: SITREP-Chad

Post by woody »

Roger Ranger centermass
A co. 1/75
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Jim »

centermass wrote:You and Seth (smsst14) need to Buddy Up since you both have the same ship dates and OPT 40.

Keep your head in the game, and keep us posted when you can...that means the good, the bad and the ugly.

Good luck.
I expect great things from both of you. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
woody
Ranger

Post by woody »

Quick SITREP. Smsst14, GIANT, and myself are all in the same platoon. We just finished the Basic portion of our OSUT training and are on our last day of our "Family Day Pass" for the weekend. There's definitely a lot more shit bags than I thought there would be. For anyone fixing to ship out;it doesn't matter if you can do 101 push-ups in 2 min if your form is sub par. A lot of people get DQ'd or fail PT tests because of poor form. I'm ready to get the AIT portion of training underway to get my cross rifles and blue cord! More SITREPS to come.
A co. 1/75
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

woody wrote:Quick SITREP. Smsst14, GIANT, and myself are all in the same platoon. We just finished the Basic portion of our OSUT training and are on our last day of our "Family Day Pass" for the weekend. There's definitely a lot more shit bags than I thought there would be. For anyone fixing to ship out;it doesn't matter if you can do 101 push-ups in 2 min if your form is sub par. A lot of people get DQ'd or fail PT tests because of poor form. I'm ready to get the AIT portion of training underway to get my cross rifles and blue cord! More SITREPS to come.
Excellent sitrep woody! Glad to hear form you and about those with you.
It was very satisfying to me to earn my Blue Cord, earn yours & never, never quit.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Great SITREP, Woody. Tell Giant to report his status, too.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
woody
Ranger

Post by woody »

I haven't posted since leaving OSUT with my blue cord. After completion of OSUT I arrived at BAC and completed ground week last week and tower week today. The atmosphere here is the polar opposite of OSUT. It's very relaxed here. Unless you get caught drinking... Which is frowned on while here. We lost 29 people in one day because of bar hopping in Columbus. We also had 40 people or so fail the PT test the first day we were here. Which is pathetic because the standard is very low here. The training here is very thorough and I have complete trust in my training and equipment for the five jumps I have next week. Too easy. There are a lot of recent RASP graduates roaming around here waiting for their orders to process. It's nice to talk to them when possible and pick their brains about what lies ahead in the next few weeks after graduating Airborne School.
Also, I'd like to clear up rumors that were circulating when I was coming here. There is a curfew at 2200 and lights out at 2300. The weekends and evenings are off as well. When asked if we could stay with family overnight during the weekends the cadre said, "We won't be here until Monday morning formation....use your heads". Basically insinuating that we could stay with family but to not press the issue. Also, the Ranger liaison gave us a NEW packing list for RASP. I don't have it on me at the moment but apparently it has been the same for quite some time. I do remember the change they made to the boots on the list. You are now allowed to wear whatever boot you want as long as it's within regulation AR670-1. Which is a relief because the issued boots are just terrible. That's all I have for now Rangers and mentees. I'll post another sitrep after I make a jump.
A co. 1/75
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP, Chad. It looks like at least three of our mentees should attend RASP together. I am so proud of all of you. Never, never quit
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
woody
Ranger

Post by woody »

Roger that Ranger Jim. Seth, Garrett, and myself will be together from start to finish. More SITREPS to come.
A co. 1/75
woody
Ranger

Post by woody »

Rangers and mentees,
I'm well overdue for a SITREP so here it is. We begin week 7 in a few days and I can proudly say Giant, Gwill, smsst, and myself are more determined than ever. What could be more motivating than knowing there is only one more critical event between now and graduation? We started with 165 and are down to 107 as of yesterday. It's been a trying 7 weeks but it's nothing a man can't push through. Mentees, if you can simply not quit on yourself like so many others have then you'll be fine. Don't start this if you don't have the heart to finish it. You're just wasting everyone's time.
A co. 1/75
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

woody wrote:Rangers and mentees,
I'm well overdue for a SITREP so here it is. We begin week 7 in a few days and I can proudly say Giant, Gwill, smsst, and myself are more determined than ever. What could be more motivating than knowing there is only two more critical events between now and graduation? We started with 165 and are down to 107 as of yesterday. It's been a trying 7 weeks but it's nothing a man can't push through. Mentees, if you can simply not quit on yourself like so many others have then you'll be fine. Don't start this if you don't have the heart to finish it. You're just wasting everyone's time.
Great SITREP! Get it done. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
woody
Ranger

Post by woody »

Roger Ranger Jim!
A co. 1/75
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Great sit rep, never weaken, never quit. Drive on to the Ranger Objective. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
woody
Ranger

Post by woody »

Roger Ranger rangerjd!
A co. 1/75

Return to “Letters from School”