MP7, UMP, and Other Guns..

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
IroningBoy
Tadpole

MP7, UMP, and Other Guns..

Post by IroningBoy »

Just wondering about your inputs on the new MP7... I read about it in the Popular Mechanics Sept 2004, the same goes for the Heckler&Koch UMP which is supposed to have great multi-caliber capabilities... I dunno about you all but having a submachine gun with the ability to fire a .40 cal instead of 9mm sounds like one helluva deal...

heres an article on the MP7
http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg49-e.htm

Heres an article on the UMP
http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg16-e.htm

(Deleted By IroningBoy1387 @ 2202 20041012 Reason: Stupid Question)

Lastly.. Im contemplating about whether or not I should spend the money on a personal fire arm while in the service. The choice would be up in the air between a MK23 / USP, or a Springfield Armory XD Full sized... I've fired alot of rounds from my dads glock 23 (.40cal), Beretta 92f and Colt 1911 .45, i love all of the guns but prefer the heavier round of a .40 and .45 rather then the 9mm.

I apologize for writting so much, but my dad (prior service US ARMY) is a gun nut and i've spent alot of time behind em... I'm just wondering what your views are on some of the stuff I'm interested in
Last edited by IroningBoy on January 17th, 2005, 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DEP Shipping Out 20050712
MOS 11x ARBN W/ Opt 40

:twisted: Mentee to RangerJew :twisted:
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

What the fuck is a gun?

Ranger2
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Iron head,

You've been playing a little too much Rainbow Six 3.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
IroningBoy
Tadpole

Post by IroningBoy »

No... not really if I was Id probably be talkin about should i buy me a desert eagle chrome .50 cal, or what about the M4a1M203 ! Really though... I just go shooting with my dad alot... AR15, Glock 23, 92f, 1911... So I dunno... I probably came up sounding like a dumbshit huh Ranger Luna / Ranger Ranger2? If so I apologize :oops:
DEP Shipping Out 20050712
MOS 11x ARBN W/ Opt 40

:twisted: Mentee to RangerJew :twisted:
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

The MP-10 is what the FBI uses. It fires a 10mm cartridge. That is the best way to go I think.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ranger2 wrote:What the fuck is a gun?

Ranger2
Had my wife polish mine last night. Oh, sorry R2....you aint gettin any...sorry to rub it in. In your case, its that thing you vigorously wash everytime you take a shower. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I have not shot the UMP but the folks that I know who have say it is a clunky piece of shit that is nothing like the MP5

As far as pistols I think the best of both worlds would be a Para-Ordance P16 limited, I like the .45s and own several but am happy with the .40 for a work round. The berreta is a piece of shit and the Mk23 is to fucking big. I have a compact USP in .40 for work and like it okay.

With respect to Terry I dont agree that subguns are on the way out. I dont think they would be working on rounds like the 6.8 Remington and the 6.5 Grendel if they were happy with the terminal performece of the 5.56 from a short barrel. I agree that someting like a 6.5 in a carbine would fill more than one role, but would rather have the right tool for the job at hand.

Now thank your dad for his service to our country, stop hanging on his coattails and be your own man.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Abell9 wrote:
Ranger2 wrote:What the fuck is a gun?

Ranger2
Had my wife polish mine last night. Oh, sorry R2....you aint gettin any...sorry to rub it in. In your case, its that thing you vigorously wash everytime you take a shower. 8)
Sorry old man, just because I'm not married doesn't mean I am not getting any. You would be surprised on how many woman love a man who is raising kids. I think they feel like they are rescuing me. Most of them have never been married too.

Ranger2

Return to “Weapons of War”