Introduction: Javon

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Abacus38
Embryo

Introduction: Javon

Post by Abacus38 »

Good day Rangers, My name is Javon and I'm currently a senior at the University of Central Florida. I'll be graduating next year in May with my BS in Mathematics. My reason for visiting your site was to research how to obtain a option 40 contract but more specifically a 35P option 40 contract :D .
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Javon

Post by Jim »

Abacus38 wrote:Good day Rangers, My name is Javon and I'm currently a senior at the University of Central Florida. I'll be graduating next year in May with my BS in Mathematics. My reason for visiting your site was to research how to obtain a option 40 contract but more specifically a 35P option 40 contract :D .
Javon, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. Most questions you might have are already addressed at least once. Use the search feature located on the top right of this page. The search feature is your friend. This, by the way is a very weak introduction. Tell us more about yourself and why you want to be a Ranger. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Abacus38
Embryo

Post by Abacus38 »

Roger Ranger Jim

Background Info:
I am former AFROTC scholarship cadet. I was disenrolled from AFROTC due to bad grades I received my in senior level math courses. This in turn cause me to lose my Combat System Officer(Air Force speak for Navigator) slot and my chance to attend selection for Non Rated Air Liason Officer(Officer side of Air Force TACP). Now since I was dissenrolled the Air Force had 3 choices:

1. They can just let you go
2. Make you pay back money they spent on you
3. Put you on the repayment plan (Air Force nice way of saying forced enlistment).
My other math buddies and myself got hit with #3 everybody else got hit with #1,#2.

As far as the forced enlistment goes I have 3 option:

1. Do the repayment plan which is a 2 year enlistment in the Air force but they pick the job so it probably means guarding nukes in the middle of nowhere as Security Forces (Air Force MPs)
2. Do a regular enlistment in any of the 4 DoD branches. I was thinking either AF TACP, SOWT or going Ranger
3.Try out for OTS or OCS(This is highly unlikely since I was dissenrolled from AFROTC)

Current Occupation:
I am currently a Valet at Flemings Prime Steakhouse since the Air force isn't helping out any more but then again it wasn't a lot to begin with since you get any where from $300-500 a month and they pick up you tuition bill if your contracted scholarship cadet but if your just a contracted cadet you just get $400 -500 a month. So yeah the Army ROTC cadet get a much sweeter deal.

Reason for considering becoming a Ranger:
My best friend just graduated from RASP 1 as a 15w and he was telling me how great the regiment is and I should look into joining as a 35M. So I took his advice and started researching since my knowledge about the regiment was severely limited to Black Hawk Down, Call of Duty, and whatever Ranger special that was on the military channel. After spending countless days researching I discovered the 35P career field and that Regiment was looking for 35P and that's what basically lead me to this site.

PT test:

71 push ups (I had my girlfriend hold her fist underneath my chest and told her to count it only if my back was straight and my chest touch her fist)

75 sit ups

14:41 2 mile run

I'm currently 5'10 216 lbs. I'm trying to get down to 191-195 because its hard to run a sub 13 min 2 miles when your fat body.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Yes, you need to lose weight. But that is not a bad PT baseline to build on. This link may be helpful.

http://www.soc.mil/75th%20Ranger%20Regi ... iting.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

PM inbound, Abacus38.
A Co, 3/75.
Abacus38
Embryo

Post by Abacus38 »

Jim wrote:Yes, you need to lose weight. But that is not a bad PT baseline to build on. This link may be helpful.
Thanks for the info for Ranger Jim
MichaelS wrote:PM inbound, Abacus38.
PM received MichaelS

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”