introduction

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ribby
Embryo

introduction

Post by Ribby »

Greetings everyone,
My name is Matt, I am a 16 year old currently finishing up his Sophomore year in High school and am aspiring to one day become an Army Ranger. To progress towards this dream I have joined currently an organization called the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps so that I can get a taste of a military environment. Overall I have joined this forum to learn from former Rangers and others so that I can build on my knowledge of what I want to get involved in so that ultimately I can make a better informed decision when it times come for me to enlist.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: introduction

Post by Jim »

Welcome Matt, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Please read all the FAQs, stickies and select threads. Most of the questions you may have can be answered using the search feature, located on the top right side of this page. Of you are in JNROTC why are you here? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Matt.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Ribby
Embryo

Post by Ribby »

Thank you for the warm greetings, and I apologize for not answering your question earlier Ranger Jim, I'm in Sea Cadets since there is no JROTC or Army Cadets in my area and I still wanted to experience the military culture and regimented lifestyle
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ribby wrote:Thank you for the warm greetings, and I apologize for not answering your question earlier Ranger Jim, I'm in Sea Cadets since there is no JROTC or Army Cadets in my area and I still wanted to experience the military culture and regimented lifestyle
Understand, never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jimming tells me he lives near you. OK, PM Ranger Lefty. Then start PT'ing together and administer a PT test for both of you. Post your results on this thread. Do your best and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

PM inbound, Matt.
A Co, 3/75.
Ribby
Embryo

Post by Ribby »

Thank you for all the advice, I'll make sure to start doing that with Jimming Ranger Jim
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

PM sent to you.

Share it with your friend Jimming.

Do not PM me again unless instructed to do so by me or another Ranger.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Matt, in the third paragraph of my PM to you, I gave you two simple specific tasks.

I will give you 48 hrs to complete the tasks. After that, you are off my radar.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Ribby
Embryo

Post by Ribby »

Roger Ranger Lefty and Richard Cranium I'll post my PT scores tonight and so will Jimming.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Since you failed to heed the 3d paragraph of my PM to you, I re-state it here:

"If you have not already done so, and this applies to your friend also, you need to post on the Introduction thread your reasons for aspiring to be a Ranger.[/b] You both need to convince me and others on the website why I should consider being a mentor to you. My time is valuable and I will not waste it on someone who does not impress me as a true candidate."

Because you are young and just starting out at this, I will grant some leeway. The lesson here is attention to detail.

Do not try my patience.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

Ribby
Embryo

Post by Ribby »

Here is my story of why I aspire to one day be a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment,
Ever since I could remember I have wanted to be a soldier , from an early age I had recognized and admired the professionalism of a service member that I greatly wanted to model, in particular that of an individual in the Army. As time went on I researched every branch having diffrent phases, until I read about the Paratroopers, of the Second World War, and what caught my eye in books I read about them and articles online was the brotherhood created through the extreme level of effort put forth and their status as one of the best of our military at the time. Overall I would Like to join the 75th Ranger regiment to be with the best of the U.S. Army, for to this day I cannot imagine myself doing anything else, as for being a member of the military has always seemed like an instinct and calling
- Matt
Ribby
Embryo

Post by Ribby »

PT scores
Two mile run: 13:49
push ups two minutes: 68
Pull ups: 17
Sit ups two minutes: 64

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”