INTRO-Tooreal11

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

tooreal11
Embryo

Re: INTRO-Tooreal11

Post by tooreal11 »

After reading your posts several times, I get a distinct impression.

You have started and quit several things.

Now you are 32 and you say you want to be a Ranger. I applaud your ambition, but becoming a Ranger is not about getting another notch on your cool guy belt. It is about wanting something more than you have ever wanted anything and being willing to damn near kill yourself, literally, to get there. A great many younger men stronger than you have tried and failed.
Ranger Lefty...The only things I have quit were collegiate football which was do to shoulder injury which resulted in surgery and the fact I just was not interested any longer in playing, beat myself to pieces. College I acquired an AA and 87 credits worth before I was giving a shot at working in what turned into my career. I have been out of work now for nearly a year and 8 months due to the markets completely destroying our company roughly the beginning of 2010. This is what I want to do, its what I have wanted to since I can remember...We dont know each other from a hole in the wall, im built for this stuff, I know it in my gutt. Ultimately time will tell......Im doing this regardless of what anyone has to say. If I fail it will because of an injury, Ide rather die than look someone in the face and say I cant handle it because it hurts. Pain only last so long, in the long run you forget how bad it was
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Talk is cheap. Have you contacted a recruiter? Where are you on your journey to enlist.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
tooreal11
Embryo

Post by tooreal11 »

Ranger Jim, yes I am in constant contact with my recruiter. Staff Sgt. (name deleted by Admin - do not post real names of active duty personnel on this site - PERSEC Violation) to be exact at the Panama City, FL recruiting office. Last Thursday he was pushing me to MEPS. We have agreed on the 11X contract but, I want a guarantee of two schools, Airborne and Air Assault. As I purported early in this thread I had gotting in trouble when I was 20 with a wreckless driving charge and a battery charge the same year which was exponged. 2005 I got adjudication with held on a Battery on a LEO and resisting arrest with violence which was not near as bad as it sounds, the deposition is in his hands. I had to acquire all the paper work from the courts stating I completed my probation and finds etc. I had to order all my College transcripts which he has in his hands. I had to to fill out the the military application with residential references which has created problems being I didn't know my neighbors very well. My character references are in, all military personnel references. Both where guys ive worked with for 7 years. So im committed. I have tried to acquire RASP in my contract but I have priors which may not make me eligible for a security clearance off the bat although Sgt. Thrasher has seen guys get it with worse charges. I have already told him I need roughly 3-4 months to get my house in order, just had my son 2 months ago and my wife is going through green card process. I want things manageable for her when I leave. I am also taking that time to get myself in the best shape I can before I go in.
tooreal11
Embryo

Post by tooreal11 »

Oh and worth noting I had to get waivers on my tattoos, my upper body is covered...Sleeves, chest, stomach, back etc....One of the tattoos just barely peeks out of the sleeve. Nothing is exposed when I am in a long sleeve shirt or a suit, I did that purposely.
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Jim wrote:Talk is cheap. Have you contacted a recruiter? Where are you on your journey to enlist.

Must be why he's using so much of it...
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Tooly... simply put, no one gets to be a Ranger without being built for it. In the past there were two types of Rangers; the smart Ranger and the strong Ranger. You seem like you can be both, but every tiny provocation gets you to chase the verbal rabbit. Quit thinking your stock is so high that you can demand a million things walking in off the street. If you were serious about Rangering then you would get your ass in-service sooner rather than later. When you type I see written cop-outs, delaying tactics and 'reasons' why things aren't going your way. Every. Other. Sentence. I personally know Rangers who continued serving despite destroyed shoulders, knees, hips, you name it. I've known SEVERAL who continued despite broken backs. Literally. Fractured spines. I've even known one Ranger (many on here will know him or know of him) who burned in on jump, broke... shit... most of the bones in his BODY, and he is back on jump status today. I'm not going to waste my time on you any longer if you don't get the point and get it quickly: You talk too much. You focus too much on 'bridging the gap' with your 'audience.' Your communication style is manipulative and condescending. Stick to the facts when you communicate; it takes less effort and leaves more time remaining for work. You will need that if you actually plan to beccome a Ranger. The only response I need to this feedback is 'Roger Ranger GoldCoast.'
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

tooreal11
Embryo

Post by tooreal11 »

Understand Ranger GoldCoast
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

tooreal11 wrote:Understand Ranger GoldCoast
You Tooly seem untrainable because you either can't or won't respond as requested. It's a rather simple & straight-forward response, nothing more, nothing less.

Please do not respond to me.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

tooreal11 wrote:Understand Ranger GoldCoast
For future reference 'Roger' is what we say on the radio when we mean 'Understood.'

'Wilco' is what we say when we mean 'understood and WI-ll CO-mply'.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

tooreal11
Embryo

Post by tooreal11 »

Roger that Ranger GoldCoast, thanks for heads up
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Good luck getting Air Assault in your contract.

For what its worth, that school would be right in front of the shit-burner certification course on my list of things to do.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

goon175 wrote:Good luck getting Air Assault in your contract.

For what its worth, that school would be right in front of the shit-burner certification course on my list of things to do.
Amen, brother!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

goon175 wrote:Good luck getting Air Assault in your contract.

Hey, shit burning is a useful skill! And, like Air Assault, one that you don't need to go to a school to actually do. :roll:
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
tooreal11
Embryo

Post by tooreal11 »

Roger that Ranger Goon175...I see its not very popular from a couple of you. Any suggestions as for an additional school to get along with Airborne that would be useful in Air Assualts place?
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

How about RASP?
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18