Enlisting then Ranger?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Plun
Egg

Enlisting then Ranger?

Post by Plun »

I want to be a Ranger in the future.

Hi Rangers! I have a few questions on becoming a Rangers. I'm going to enlist into the military try to get Option 40.

If there's no option 40 slot, I'll probably take the harder and long way. I'll go with the 11x MOS. I'll also try to get Airbourne on my contract. If I can't, I'll just do well in Basic Training, stay outta trouble, passed the PT Test and score high.

1. After that, where do I go to volunteer for Airbourne school after Basic? Or should I wait till I have served a year or two in the army to volunteer? I know this is a pre-req for Rangers.
2. When I'm done with that, I'll talk to a Ranger recruiter and ask for RASP and hopefully be picked.

^^ I could do that, right?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Enlisting then Ranger?

Post by Jim »

When I responded to your introduction, I explained the search feature. Have you tried it?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
goon175
Ranger

Re: Enlisting then Ranger?

Post by goon175 »

Yes.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Recruitment Process”