Two Firearms Makers Halt All Sells to New York

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Two Firearms Makers Halt All Sells to New York

Post by Flesh Thorn »

On Feb. 8, Mark LaRue, owner of LaRue Tactical of Leander, TX, announced his company would no longer sell its firearms to state and local law-enforcement agencies in states that have banned the legal ownership of the same firearms to law-abiding citizens.
LaRue’s move was a reaction to the signing of sweeping new laws in New York by Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Jan. 15. The laws prohibit the sale of AR-platform and similar rifles, certain “high-capacity” magazines and carrying more than seven cartridges in any magazine.

Read More
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Two Firearms Makers Halt All Sells to New York

Post by KW Driver »

Right on.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Add MFIAP to list. They make scope mounts, etc. At one time Ronnie Barrett had a similar policy.
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

TC204 wrote:I hope all gun makers stop selling to law enforcement and government agencies completely. That's how you send a message.
I emailed the CEO of Ruger!
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Add J&T Distributing/ Double Star to the list

http://jtdistributing.net/store/policy_news.html
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

My (way too few IMHO) interactions with Larue have been superlative. I am humbled, but not surprised, to hear of their decision. They will have as much business as I can possibly give them going forward. I like the fact that I can vote with my dollars the same as a ballot.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”