Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Introduction

Post by JarHedSolja »

First things first, I wanted to take care of my intro now while it's still fresh in my mind.

Just to give you a little background info on myself,

I am a former Marine who made a few mistakes. (Don't we all?)

I went through recruit training at Parris Island, SC. 3rd Battalion in 1999.

I served as an MP in Okinawa from March 2000-2001. I then transferred to Camp Pendleton and served 8 months before making a big mistake and being administratively separated from the Corps. After taking about a 2 year break, I decided that I couldn't consider myself an honorable man without fulfilling my oath. I re-enlisted into the Ohio Army National Guard as an infantryman.

I know some may not think this is suitable but for me it was the only option, given my DD214. I am currently serving in a peacekeeping capacity for KFOR and who knows what the future may hold.

I want to extend my deepest respect to all of the Rangers. You epitomize what every combat soldier should be and I commend you on your hard work. I'd also like to greet all my fellow soldiers, Marines and other veterans that have served and are serving. It's been an honor and will continue to be an honor to serve along side you all as long as God deems me worthy to be here.

Thanks for listening and I'm looking forward to the many entertaining discussions that we all will take part in. I've read just a little bit here so far and I must say I'm impressed.

JarHedSolja

Semper Fidelis
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Welcome
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Well, Ive got to say, kudos for not trying to sell a sack of shit as fresh chicken filets. And, hats off to you for your continued service.
FYI, none of the Rangers on here ever made a mistake...we are damned near perefct in every respect and we dont lie either. :roll:
Good job young man, drive on. Im the site Pastor and here to say, "Bless you Mother fucker....now go kill something. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Well....okay....welcome!!!!

Thanks for your service to our country!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

I know some of you may be thinking..

"What kind of retard gets the boot and comes back for more?"

Well, this kind does. Must be that jar stuck on my head.
1999-2001 USMC
2006-2009 585th MP Co
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Welcome.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

I am not at all wanting to sound critical... So, do bear with me. I am just wanting to understand fully your situation. You were given an Administrative Discharge for ??? because you decided that you couldn't fulfill your obligation to your contract. But now, after two years, you've had a come to Jesus thing in your heart and soul and you've joined the National Gaurd as an 11B. But, with your discharge type and record how does that sit with those who you serve with? With your NCO's and Officer's?

Now I very well could have misread what and how your initial post was done and have lept off of the wagon a bit before it got to the station. But before I go all welcoming ya, half heartedly, I wouldn't want to be hypocritical. Nor would I think you'd want me to. So, we'll leave it hanging there until we get a better feel for this eh?

In the interum, here's our house....

the TAC-P
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

usaftacp wrote:I am not at all wanting to sound critical... So, do bear with me. I am just wanting to understand fully your situation. You were given an Administrative Discharge for ??? because you decided that you couldn't fulfill your obligation to your contract. But now, after two years, you've had a come to Jesus thing in your heart and soul and you've joined the National Gaurd as an 11B. But, with your discharge type and record how does that sit with those who you serve with? With your NCO's and Officer's?

Now I very well could have misread what and how your initial post was done and have lept off of the wagon a bit before it got to the station. But before I go all welcoming ya, half heartedly, I wouldn't want to be hypocritical. Nor would I think you'd want me to. So, we'll leave it hanging there until we get a better feel for this eh?

In the interum, here's our house....

the TAC-P
I can answer some of that. The Guard will, because of "strength issues" take on issues that the Active Component's won't. The young man above may have slapped his CO, got busted on a piss test, DUI, a plethora of reasons the Marines would have discharged him. Regardless, the Guard has a somewhat relaxed policy about these things.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

USAF,

As Ranger Abell9 said, there is a multitude of reasons why I could have been discharged. However, I won't hang my dirty laundry out here, so if you want to know you can PM me. I will however tell you that I my RE code was an RE-4B. The narrative on my DD214 says 'Misconduct.'

It wasn't that I decided that I couldn't fulfill my obligation while I was in. It was that every day since I had been discharged I knew there was something that I still had to do. So I re-enlisted in order to finish what I started. I could have easily gone on with my life thinking to myself that I got one over on the system. I'm not that kind of man. When I start something, I finish it and this was no different. I just have to be thankful the Guard was willing to accept me.

After the administrative proceedings had begun, I realized that I was throwing away a good 2 1/2 years of my life for no reason and tried to fight it. The paperwork had gone too far by that point and my sep went through.

As for joining the National Guard, that was the only option I had. I would have gone back to the Marine Corps if possible. My RE code says 'Dont let him back in the office,' according to one recruiter I recently spoke with.

As for how that all sits with my leadership, they all know because I have willingly told them. They also know that this is a new point in my life and I've learned from my mistakes. None of them have any problem with my past because I'm honest and I believe I make up for my mistakes every day I serve.

You're right though. I don't want you to welcome me half-heartedly. You're well within your rights to question me about my prior service. Hopefully this will clear things up a bit for you.

JHS
1999-2001 USMC
2006-2009 585th MP Co

Return to “Introduction Archive”