When to start talking with a recruiter?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Bronco
Quitter

Re: When to start talking with a recruiter?

Post by Bronco »

Rangers, both of my parents just got done talking with my recruiter. Anyways, my recruiter made it sound like if I pass RASP there is still a good chance I wouldn't be assigned to one of the three battalions in the 75th Regiment. However, I've told them if you pass RASP you're in the Regiment, but they still don't believe me because of what my recruiter said, so can any former/current Rangers please validate the fact that if you pass RASP you're in the Regiment. I've done my research, but my parents won't believe me unless someone who's been through actually states that it is true.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Young man, why did you not use the search feature to answer this question? I will explain: the 75th Ranger Regiment is organized as a Regimental Headquarters, with three Ranger Battalions. Now, please think back to the task I assigned you to memorize the Ranger Creed and start to live by it! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Ranger Jim, it was a careless mistake I made. I should have spent more time trying to find the answer out on my own rather than depending on someone to spoon feed the answers to me.
11X OPT 40

Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Rangers, I just wanted to give an update. Today my recruiter stopped by my house and my parents signed parental consent for me since I'm only seventeen and a junior in high school. I've got a lot of work ahead of me and will continue to heed the information on this forum.
11X OPT 40

Return to “Recruitment Process”