Introduction- Kalen

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

kalenw
Embryo

Introduction- Kalen

Post by kalenw »

Hi, my name is Kalen. I am 22 years old, and I am from Texas. I've been wanting to join the Army and become a Ranger since I was 13 years old. Ever since I learned as a kid my grandfather served as a 2nd Ranger it has motivated me to follow in his foot steps. Unfortunately my grandfather passed before my time, so I was unable to get the answers to the question i had growing up. My dad has done his best answering the question I have the best he could since he was born at Fort Benning, and grew up on base. I have been working on my PT for about six months, and they are 3 mile run in 30:25, push ups 85, sit ups 82, chin up 22. I will take any and all advice from any Ranger that is willing to give any. Thank you Rangers for having me on your site.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Kalen

Post by Jim »

Welcome. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right place. We take considerable pride in the fine young men who pass throught armyranger.com on their life journey. Are you currently in school and when do you plan to enter Active Duty?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Kalen.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Worldweaver
Ranger

Post by Worldweaver »

kalenw wrote: I have been working on my PT for about six months, and they are 3 mile run in 30:25, push ups 85, sit ups 82, chin up 22. I will take any and all advice from any Ranger that is willing to give any.
You will need to improve your run time. The slowest you should be running a 3 miler is -24:00, your runs will have to be a MINIMUM OF a 40 minute 5 miler. If you've been training for 6 months I would start focusing on the run times and further distances. Techniques differ but I always did a 2 mile run, followed by a 3 mile run the next day, two days off then a 5 mile run. Your other numbers look ok but you won't get close to becoming a Ranger with those run times.

Good Luck
RLTW
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08
kalenw
Embryo

Post by kalenw »

Jim wrote:Welcome. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right place. We take considerable pride in the fine young men who pass throught armyranger.com on their life journey. Are you currently in school and when do you plan to enter Active Duty?
Im currently attending uti and wanna finish this before joining. I have a year and 7 months left before i finish. That and it will give me time to get my run time lower with a further run. I did take by asvab though, my score was 58.
kalenw
Embryo

Post by kalenw »

You will need to improve your run time. The slowest you should be running a 3 miler is -24:00, your runs will have to be a MINIMUM OF a 40 minute 5 miler. If you've been training for 6 months I would start focusing on the run times and further distances. Techniques differ but I always did a 2 mile run, followed by a 3 mile run the next day, two days off then a 5 mile run. Your other numbers look ok but you won't get close to becoming a Ranger with those run times.

Good Luck
RLTW[/quote]

Yes sir. I will take your advice and concentrate on further runs to condition myself. I know i can push myself to do better and will gladly take your advice. I will use any and all that is givin to me and use as motivation. After all you guys are the ones that have been through it and know exactly what it takes to be a successful Ranger. Thank you sir.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

WorldWeaver wrote:You will need to improve your run time. The slowest you should be running a 3 miler is -24:00, your runs will have to be a MINIMUM OF a 40 minute 5 miler. If you've been training for 6 months I would start focusing on the run times and further distances. Techniques differ but I always did a 2 mile run, followed by a 3 mile run the next day, two days off then a 5 mile run. Your other numbers look ok but you won't get close to becoming a Ranger with those run times.

Good Luck
RLTW
kalenw wrote: sir. I will take your advice and concentrate on further runs to condition myself. I know i can push myself to do better and will gladly take your advice. I will use any and all that is givin to me and use as motivation. After all you guys are the ones that have been through it and know exactly what it takes to be a successful Ranger. Thank you sir.
The proper response is = Yes Ranger or Thank you Ranger. Address all Rangers correctly.
- Read FAQ's & selected stickies (topics marked with a thumb tack) atop each forum you enter.

You might even try reading this item: Subject: Why DEPs should so show proper etiquette
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
kalenw
Embryo

Post by kalenw »

Yes Ranger. I apologize for any disrespect.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Your intent was good your execution was flawed. At least you used some form of honorific "Sir". Some of the kids we get here address us like we're fishing buddies.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
kalenw
Embryo

Post by kalenw »

rangertough wrote:Your intent was good your execution was flawed. At least you used some form of honorific "Sir". Some of the kids we get here address us like we're fishing buddies.

Tough
Thank you Ranger. It's a habit my father raised me to have.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

When you're replying to, or a dressing a specific Ranger, address him as such( from your above replies) "Ranger Steadfas"t, or, "Ranger Tough". If you are addressing all of us in general conversation, Rangers is fine. It lets everyone know exactly who you're talking to within a thread. No big deal, just tightening up your shot group a little more. There's always room for improvement and refinement.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Assume I fixed my spelling errors, because I can't edit my posts here for some reason.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
kalenw
Embryo

Post by kalenw »

Yes Ranger kw driver. Well my dream of becoming a Ranger looks slim now. My recruiter was going over the things I would be going through at MEPs, and I failed the PIP plates by two plates. Seems i have a red/green deficiency. Really bums me out, but I'm not giving up till the final word comes in. Thank you Rangers for having me, and all the advice. I will continue to push myself as if i still have a chance.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

kalenw wrote:Yes Ranger kw driver. Well my dream of becoming a Ranger looks slim now. My recruiter was going over the things I would be going through at MEPs, and I failed the PIP plates by two plates. Seems i have a red/green deficiency. Really bums me out, but I'm not giving up till the final word comes in. Thank you Rangers for having me, and all the advice. I will continue to push myself as if i still have a chance.
Kalen, we always havea chance. Some forms of colorblindness can be waived. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
kalenw
Embryo

Post by kalenw »

Thank you Ranger Jim. Quit and can't are not in my vocabulary. I will never give up on myself or my dreams. He just said my chances were slim, but I don't mind being an underdog, and coming out ontop.

Return to “Introduction Archive”