Ellis Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

METTCAbide
Embryo

Ellis Introduction

Post by METTCAbide »

Greetings Rangers,

My name is Ellis and I am 22 years old. I was a third year cadet until I lost my scholarship and contract. Now, I am enlisting as an Airborne qualified 68W hoping to joined the ranks of the prestigious Rangers.

I look forward to the insightful information and valuable opinions I can receive from this site and its members.

"Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership."
Colin Powell
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.
Colin Powell
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Ellis Introduction

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Ellis.

You will need a name change. You can not use 68W in your name unless you have already completed that school & earned it.

Send me a PM (Private Message) with a list of 4 names (in preferential order) & I will see what is available.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Ellis Introduction

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Ellis.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
METTCAbide
Embryo

Re: Ellis Introduction

Post by METTCAbide »

Thank you Rangers for the welcoming.

Ranger Zone, I had a national scholarship for Nursing, but as soon as I started taking classes, I could tell it wasn't for me, I was good with the medical information and the application of that information, but I was not good at the patient-caregiver relationship aspect of nursing. So I tried to get a scholarship change, this was two years ago, and my current PMS at the time informed me that it was not possible to get a change of major. A year and a half later, a peer of mine failed a nursing class and had his scholarship changed, so I approached the PMS and informed him that I was going to change, we put in the change of scholarship request and I changed my major, this was a little preemptive but I could not take nursing anymore. The decision came back from Cadet Command that I had to stay in nursing. Having already switched majors and now being more than a year behind, I had two choices; enlist or pay back $80,000+. And it was not a sure-fire thing that I would even be accepted for enlistment.

But to answer your other question, I already attended Airborne last July(11), and I have the 68W contract, which is the contract I was hoping to receive.
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.
Colin Powell

Return to “Introduction Archive”