SITREP - Black2594

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Black2594
Tadpole

SITREP - Black2594

Post by Black2594 »

Hello, Rangers. It's been quite a while since I last posted. I figured I would go ahead and make one of these SITREP topics, since I'm finally talking to a recruiter. I'm going Monday to be measured (I'm about 6'3 and weigh about 225). I know I'm probably going to have to lose a few pounds, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

2 Minute PUs: 72
2 Minute SUs: 68

As for running, I'm running for 30 minutes every day that I don't have football, Wednesdays and Fridays, as well as Saturdays. This is also combined with whatever running we do at football, whether it be bleachers, sprints, or long runs.

I know that I need to improve drastically, but being a starter on the line in football, my coach doesn't want me to really lose any weight until AFTER football season.
I don't want to settle for being just another medic. I strive for and want to earn the title 'Doc'.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP - Black2594

Post by Jim »

Young man, you are getting ready for your Junior season? You are not alone. Go and play football. Things wil work out. As i've said so many tines before, if you want to earn a place inj the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. Have a good season! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Black2594
Tadpole

Post by Black2594 »

Jim wrote:Young man, you are getting ready for your Junior season? You are not alone. Go and play football. Things wil work out. As i've said so many tines before, if you want to earn a place inj the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. Have a good season! Never, never quit!
ZoneIV wrote:Black....I was a lineman (center) many years ago. I use to get grief from my Football Coach when I dropped weight for wrestling after football season. Keep on working out and as Ranger Jim stated...go and play football and have a great season. Things will work out.
I forgot to mention that I am indeed entering my Senior year, due to my lack of attention. As you two Rangers have said, I plan on working to my fullest potential, no matter what happens. Thank you for these words of wisdom and advice, Rangers.
I don't want to settle for being just another medic. I strive for and want to earn the title 'Doc'.
Black2594
Tadpole

Post by Black2594 »

A little update.. I ended up going to the recruiter today to be measured. I'm at 6'1 219, three under the maximum percentage of body fat, so I'm going to try and slim down to about 210 the rest of this summer, then lose more after football to get between 195 and 200. My recruiter also went through the MOS's that were available today, kind of as an example, and none of them interested me.. I'm sticking to my guns and not signing anything until I get either a 68W Opt. 40 or a 35F with the Opt. 4.
Black2594
Tadpole

Post by Black2594 »

ZoneIV wrote:So how did you shrink 2"?
Ranger ZoneIV, I haven't been measured for height in so long, I wasn't sure how tall I was exactly. :o
Black2594
Tadpole

Post by Black2594 »

Hello, Rangers. Went to MEPS last week, and signed for a 68W Medic slot.. However, with NO incentives. I'm going to do it the hard way, and push myself to my limits to get to Ranger School. I understand that my journey will be a whole lot more difficult with this decision I have made, but nothing is impossible with hard work and determination.

Return to “Recruitment Process”