Soldier who lost all four limbs offered custom 'smart home'

News of interest to those in the Ranger and Special Operations Community. News is generated and placed here from the front page of ArmyRanger.com

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

If Staff Sgt. Travis Mills will come, they will build it.
That’s the message for the Army soldier who lost his arms and legs to an IED in Afghanistan last week from two charities that build custom homes for injured veterans. John Hodge, director of operations for the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation, said homes built by his group and a foundation run by actor Gary Sinise feature such amenities as geo-thermal heating and cooling systems, iPad-controlled countertops, heated floors to facilitate blood circulation and oversized kitchens and bathrooms.
"Essentially, the houses work off of a computer," Hodge said. "It really is the latest in technology and energy efficiency."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/17/fo ... z1sLj21Kjn
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Amazing...that is just awesome.
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Soldier who lost all four limbs offered custom 'smart ho

Post by Invictus »

Same foundation is building a custom home for Mike Schlitz in Harris County north of Columbus.
They definitely put their money where their mouth is and try and make a difference!!

Return to “Ranger, SOF and Military News”