Introduction-Jared

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

trueblue
Egg

Introduction-Jared

Post by trueblue »

Hello,

My name is SPC Jared G, proud infantryman stationed in Baumholder, Germany. Recently returning from Afghanistan, I am coming up on my 3 year mark and am interested in re-enlisting to try out for Ranger Battalion.
I joined the army in june of 2009. Completed my OSUT in Ft. Benning GA. and also went to airborne school. I joined with a option 40 contract but when the time came to graduate basic I wimped out and dropped my shot at RIP and only went Airborne. I have regretted that decision ever since. now I am looking for a mentor to help me train, prepare, and redeem myself for RASP and to hopefully become a proud Army Ranger. If your wondering what my name (trueblue) stands for it is for the fact that I have my EIB and was true blue, and I am extremely proud of it. Any questions of me or any guidance that can be given me in reaching my goal of being a Ranger, I would be tremendously grateful. Thank you.

SPC G
trueblue
Egg

Re: Introduction-Jared

Post by trueblue »

I would also like to quickly come forward and admit that while I was a DEPer I came to this site and was assigned Ranger I Dont Care as a mentor. After dropping my RIP contract in basic and opting for airborne only, I never came forth back to this site to inform everybody of what I did.

So now I would like to apologize to Ranger I Dont Care as well as the rest of the Ranger community in being a complete waste of your time and energy. this time around tho I wont quit, never again

SPC G
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I took the liberty of editing your name. Exactly what are you looking for from us?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Jared.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
trueblue
Egg

Post by trueblue »

I apologize for the break in PERSEC. Won't happen again.

For now I am just looking to take in as much information as I can from this site. Im going to start putting my PT into overdrive and I am looking for PT plans to follow on this site as well as through any Ranger who is willing to lend a hand.

Like I said I am trying to Re-up for Ranger Regiment. And I have also contacted the 75th recruit and hoping I can get orders cut to try out for Regiment.

Jared
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Jared, thank you for your service overseas, it is greatly appreciated.

That said, you had your chance and wasted a valued OPT40 slot. They won't take you back.

Continue to drive forward and be the best you can be, become a good leader and NCO, take care of your people, and don't look back.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
trueblue
Egg

Post by trueblue »

Ranger cams I understand what you have said, but with all due respect I am still going to do what I can to get into the Regiment.

with that said, I have received the packet I need to fill out from 75th recruiter and am in the process of doing so. I also am in the process of re-enlisting and I am wondering if any of you Rangers know if it is possible to re-up for Batt. If so should I continue with my packet for Regiment?
Or will I have to re-up needs of the army and drop my packet afterwards? Im sure you all know better on this topic than us regular army folk. Thank you

Return to “Introduction Archive”