Am I too small for Ranger school?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

[quote="Steadfast"][quote="NateTheGreat"]Well, I think I read somewhere that the shorter guys lived longer in combat. The taller guys would get shot first when running through the field, while the shorter guys, well…

Also the smaller you are the less body mass you have to move around. I’m just a fuck shit newt, I haven’t rucked 95lbs for 8 miles. But its been said that the “biggerâ€
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

[quote="Horned Toad"][quote="Steadfast"][quote="NateTheGreat"]Well, I think I read somewhere that the shorter guys lived longer in combat. The taller guys would get shot first when running through the field, while the shorter guys, well…

Also the smaller you are the less body mass you have to move around. I’m just a fuck shit newt, I haven’t rucked 95lbs for 8 miles. But its been said that the “biggerâ€
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Hoover
Ranger

Re: Am I too small for Ranger school?

Post by Hoover »

WannabeCherryLT wrote:Hello all,

I'm an ROTC cadet, and hopefully I get commissioned in 2006. I think i want to branch detail and do infantry and ranger. I'm only 5'4" and about a buck 45. Do you think it's physically possible for me to make it through ranger school?

Any comments would be appreciated.
My pal "Wing Nut" was just your size, and he made it ( he even gained a couple of pounds in Ranger School?). I always had a theory that push ups were easier for the smaller guys (less distance to travel), plus you have less distance to fall when falling over drunk (after you graduate of course), plus you make a harder target, so there are three good advantages right off the top that I can think of, I say go for it!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
WannabeCherryLT
Egg

thanks for the feedback

Post by WannabeCherryLT »

Thanks for the info Rangers. I get the message..... nuts and guts but don't be a cocky dumbass. I'm gonna do it and the next time I post a message here, it'll be as a Ranger.
USAR Element DISA
Loyola ROTC
Bell

Post by Bell »

This....I gotta see.

Make a post either way. Pass or fail. I gotta know how this comes out.

My answer to your question was, "Yes. Because you asked". Evidently you're starting to get the message. Nuts and guts is one way of putting it.

Never quit. Period. Ever.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”