SITREP: drastic

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
drastic
Embryo

Post by drastic »

First off, I'd like to thank goon175 for guiding me through the recruitment process. He gave me some very good info that probably saved me from getting sucked into a situation where I wouldn't have been happy.

I've taken my ASVAB and phys qualified with a PULHES score of 1s across. I didn't go to MEPS with a job reserved for me because my recruiter at the time wasn't sure if I would pass because of my gauged ears. Luckily, the doctor didn't say much about it and passed me through. When I got back from MEPS qualified I was ready to go back the following week to get a job. My recruiters told me that I had to pick a job, or they wouldn't pick me up. After thinking about it over the weekend I decided to switch recruiters because I know what I want, and am sure it will take some time before I get it. I found a recruiter who is willing to work with me so now it's just a matter of time before I get the MOS I want. I wont relent till I see a 35series MOS with an opt 40 attached.
drastic
Embryo

Re: SITREP: drastic

Post by drastic »

Edit: Ranger goon175
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I still think you should pick up that 35P job
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
drastic
Embryo

Post by drastic »

goon175 wrote:I still think you should pick up that 35P job
Ranger goon175,

I need to get my transcripts and a letter stating when I'll finish the fall semester and my new recruiter said he can look for a job for me. It's spring break right now so it'll be a couple weeks before I get to look for a MOS. But I do feel the 35p will be a good fit for me.
drastic
Embryo

Post by drastic »

Update: the paperwork at the new recruiting station is done, but there is nothing my recruiters can do till my paperwork from the original MEPS is transferred to the new one I'm going too. Waiting patiently for that to happen so I can pick my mos!
drastic
Embryo

Post by drastic »

update: Livescan and paperwork from MEPS was transferred. I went into the recruiters yesterday to look for a job, but was unable to get 35p with a ship date after Dec.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

drastic wrote:update: Livescan and paperwork from MEPS was transferred. I went into the recruiters yesterday to look for a job, but was unable to get 35p with a ship date after Dec.
Welcome to Acquisitions Command.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
drastic
Embryo

Post by drastic »

Update: officially sworn in as a 35m.
drastic
Embryo

Post by drastic »

I would like to thank Ranger goon175 and Perryb for there time and guidance through this process.

As expected, I was unable to get an opt 4 or 40, so I'll be working hard to gain a rasp slot at AIT.

Return to “Recruitment Process”