Ex-Cuban SF personal trainer..

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Ex-Cuban SF personal trainer..

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Anybody else ever heard of this cat?

http://mynuvotv.com/blog103

Been home sick the last couple of days and found this shit on the interweb. He has an interesting approach of "the world is your gym". Nothing new per-se, seeing how the best PT i remember was done in a similar fashion. I think the novelty of the "Cuban Military SF" and the bad spanglish are the biggest draws, but again, nothing that hasn't been done by ex- military guys doing a "boot camp" style approach. Apparently he has had some A-List clientele-Matt Damon, Mark Whalberg, etc- but it seems the ones on the show are just us regular folks.

I do like the "quit whining" stance he takes with his clients. I can see how that would come from training in a third-world military setting, further refined by dealing with pampered celebs. It doesn't sound much different than the usual banter from your average RIP/RASP instructor, just with a bad accent. Hell, 1SG Pickering used to preach the minimalist PT all the time. He made a barbell with some #10 cans, a piece of pipe, and some sack-crete.

Fitness 101: Less calories+more exercise=weight loss. Interestingly amusing, though.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi

Return to “About Army Physical Training”