Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jake-the-Snake
Ranger

Introduction

Post by Jake-the-Snake »

Hello, my name is Jake. I am from Texas, I am 17, I enlisted in April of 2011, I am currently a senior in high school. My ship out date is June 18. I have a 11x Opt. 40 contract. I am looking forward to soon joining the ranks of the Ranger Regiment. Thank yall for allowing me on this sight.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the 1, 1 is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Jake-the-Snake.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jake-the-Snake
Ranger

Post by Jake-the-Snake »

Yes Ranger ZoneIV, Since August I have done weight training 6 days a week, swim for 30 minutes fridays before school, run 5 days a week, I do TRX suspension training 2 days a week, and i ruck with 60 pounds at a 14 minute/mile pace. I run my 2 mile in 11 min. 23 sec. my pushups can use some work, i can do 74 pushups in 2 minutes but everynight i am doing a pushup routine that i found on this site. I can do 96 situps in my 2 minute time limit, I am not a big guy, I am 6 ft. and 160 pounds, I am hopeing to put on 5 more pounds, without losing strength, stamina or speed, before June comes around. And I have memorized the Ranger creed by heart, i am currently learning the soldiers creed, and i have read many books on Ranger History.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the 1, 1 is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jake, a man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression. So far you are doing very well. Between now and spring is not that long, so continue your training. Please don't overdo it and hurt yourself. Tell us why you want to be a Ranger? What is the reaction of your family and friends to your decision to enlist? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jake-the-Snake
Ranger

Post by Jake-the-Snake »

My dad enlisted in the marine corp during the first gulf war, the recruiter told him that the war would be over before he got the chance to get there so he backed out. He has always told me that it his biggest regret. Around the age of 13 I decided that I was going in to the military for sure so I did my research and it seemed to me that the most high speed unit was the Ranger Regiment. So thats what i set my sight on and ever since then I have been preparing for it, I had my parents sign my enlistment papers on my 17th birthday. The reasons for joining the military has changed from the adventure of it to, hmmm, its hard to explain, its not that I WANT to see combat. Its that if American's have to go and fight, then I want to be out in the frontlines. I want to do my part, and the reason for the Regiment is I am not the kind of person to settle for "good nough". I want to be the very best.
My parents were kind of trying to talk me out of it at first but once they figured that this was my decision and I was sticking to it they have been very supportive. My dad was the one to find this site for me and he has done countless hours of research on the topic of the Ranger Regiment and what it takes to get there. And most of my friends who are going off to college ask me why I dont go with them, but I try explaining to them my reasoning but they never understand. And quit? Im not sure what that is Ranger Jim.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good answers, young man. as you see from my signature, i've been fortunate to do the things other folks talk about. You appear to have things under control. I assure most don't. Never,. never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Simply one of the best intros I have read in a long time.

Young man, I admire your ambition and your stated progress to date. Keep us posted on your progress.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Jake-the-Snake
Ranger

Post by Jake-the-Snake »

Roger that, will do Ranger Lefty
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Jake-the-Snake

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Jake-the-Snake.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70