NDAA Martial Law

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: NDAA Martial Law

Post by rgrokelley »

President has not signed it yet. He initially said he would not, but Obama has constantly had a problem with saying one thing and doing another.

As for opinion, the administrations (plural, not singular) since Teddy Roosevelt have continued to expand the powers of the government, and also the Executive Branch, until we are a mere shadow of what was once the Constitution. Saying something is unConstitutional is almost a joke. It would be like me going into the worst part of Detroit and start screaming that something is against the law (CITIZEN'S ARREST!! CITIZEN'S ARREST!!)

Study history. What happens next is inevitable. It might happen next year, or five years from now, but it will happen. We are just arrogant enough to think that it will never happen to us, even though it has happened to every single government in history that has gone to this level.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

rgrokelley wrote:President has not signed it yet. He initially said he would not, but Obama has constantly had a problem with saying one thing and doing another.

As for opinion, the administrations (plural, not singular) since Teddy Roosevelt have continued to expand the powers of the government, and also the Executive Branch, until we are a mere shadow of what was once the Constitution. Saying something is unConstitutional is almost a joke. It would be like me going into the worst part of Detroit and start screaming that something is against the law (CITIZEN'S ARREST!! CITIZEN'S ARREST!!)

Study history. What happens next is inevitable. It might happen next year, or five years from now, but it will happen. We are just arrogant enough to think that it will never happen to us, even though it has happened to every single government in history that has gone to this level.
Ranger rgokelley,

Where does that put those of us who will be in uniform if and when the inevitable happens?
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

NeverSayDie wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:President has not signed it yet. He initially said he would not, but Obama has constantly had a problem with saying one thing and doing another.

Ranger rgokelley,

Where does that put those of us who will be in uniform if and when the inevitable happens?
If I may butt in.... I'd say it puts you between a rock and a hardplace. You are either part of the problem or you are part of the solution. Tough spot any way ya look at it.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

NeverSayDie wrote:Ranger rgokelley,

Then you have to make a hard choice. George Washington did it. So did Robert E. Lee. Do you choose what is right, or go along with everyone else?

History is a bitch.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

rgrokelley wrote:

Then you have to make a hard choice. George Washington did it. So did Robert E. Lee. Do you choose what is right, or go along with everyone else?

History is a bitch.
Ranger rgokelley,

Some scumbag jihadist half a world away, alright. Sucks to be him and who really gives a shit. But Americans? ...sends a hell of a cold chill down my spine.

I don't like it. Not one bit.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
TexGrizzly
Embryo

Post by TexGrizzly »

The version of the bill that I read on another website clearly stated that this does not pertain to United States citizens. I'm not sure if the version I read is wrong or not, but it seemed legitimate. Everything stating that this does pertain to US citizens seems to be a campaign for Ron Paul.
11B. 3rd Squadron/2nd Cav. Regiment Aug. 2012-Present
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

rgrokelley wrote:

History is a bitch.

Yes it is, And although I hate to quote CHICOM Communist SOBs, good old Chairman Mao once said that "Historical evidence is written in blood and iron". Tough lesson to learn the hard way. But with the ever growing amount of assclowns we seem to be producing in this country lately it almost seems inevitable that we will in fact endure crisis like we as a Nation only "thought we knew" to well. Sad part is, this time, it will come from within and we gave the SOB the key to the front door. :x
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Tylerkat89 wrote:Looks like he signed the NDAA Bill, so now what.

I'm guessing come Nov he declares a national emergency, says the election was rigged, racist, whatever will stick (or not) and you know the rest ("the shotgun sings the song"). :roll:

IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

NDAA Martial Law

Post by IEDmagnet »

Gonna hate fighting the second Civil War opposite the federalies if that happens.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

IEDmagnet wrote:Gonna hate fighting the second Civil War opposite the federalies if that happens.
X2....

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

In 2009 when new Admin came in a Reagan law was over turned to allow foreign agents to come into this country & your homes to get you.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

NDAA Martial Law

Post by IEDmagnet »

Steadfast wrote:In 2009 when new Admin came in a Reagan law was over turned to allow foreign agents to come into this country & your homes to get you.
Let 'em try Brother, let 'em try.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “The News Dump”