Checking in with good news (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Bek375
Ranger

Checking in with good news (RANGER)

Post by Bek375 »

Fortunately I was able to secure a slot to airborne/RIP. They gave out about 12 airborne/RIP slots to my company. It seems to have been pretty much based on PT scores for those who volunteered. Even though I wasn't that satisfied with my second PT test, it seems to have been enough to get a slot.

Although they did have some slots available for my company, I would still strongly echo the advice of the Rangers on this board to get it in your contract. I was not able to because of a medical waiver policy that they have at MEPS, so I took the only route I could, but it would be a much better idea to get everything you want in your contract.

Rangers, thanks for your advice on extra PT while I'm here. I try to do as much extra as I can, but we have not been allowed to do any extra running on our own. Hopefully as I go into the last five weeks they will let us use the track because I definitely don't feel like I'm running enough.

I'll make sure to check in soon. Once again, I appreciate the advice and support.

CP
Bell

Post by Bell »

You are one lucky mofo. I wouldn't suggest this route to anyone. It's a last chance effort and you lucked out.

Now, do you realize what you have? You hold a slot that can be used to become one of the best soldiers in the world. Or, you just took that slot away from someone.

Don't waste it. You got it now do it. You've finally achieved the first part of your dream (the hard way) and you have miles to go before you sleep. Get ready cherry, the hard part is in front of you. Drive on. All the way and then some. Don't you ever ever quit.

We'll give you all the tools you need to get there. Then it's up to you. Don't fail us. When you fail, we fail. Pay attention, shut up, listen. You'll go far.

RLTW
Bell
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Glad you're getting a chance at your dream CP. The harder things are to come by, the sweeter they are when you get them. If you follow Ranger Bells advice, you can't go wrong. Good luck young soldier.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Well boys....we will see.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06