Questions About option 40x contract

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Questions About option 40x contract

Post by Steadfast »

With your only being able to do 2 chin up, you won't even pass BAT nor RASP (formerly known as RIP).

Give yourself a test 2 min in duration for each:

push ups
sit ups
2 mile run (not trot).
And post your results by next Sun 6 PM or anytime earlier.

And now go over to Recruiters and Schools - Q&A and read everything.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
ArmyFIST03
US Army

Post by ArmyFIST03 »

hopeful83 wrote: Thank you for your reply, I agree 2 chip ups will not get it done by any means. I have to get my strength up in several areas, what do you suggest weight training or other wise to target the muscle groups needed for chin ups? I will do the self tests that you have laid out for push ups, set ups no problem there at all. As far as running goes this is what I have been doing to loose weight build cardio etc. I started on the treadmill because when I was over 300lbs it would give me punishing shin splints etc. I know run on the street, I run 2 miles at around 7:20-7:40 elapsed per mile right now. I know it can be better, however my diet will need to change, and that is why I am wondering if my 155lb target weight is to low. Once I get to the weight I need to be at I can switch gears there, and start eating right to help aid in strength gains, cardio etc.
Again thanks for your help I will two the other two here soon.

If you have any questions regarding PT or how to improve, and you would like some more insight, I guarantee your question has already been answered in previous posts viewforum.php?f=42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, as I have only been a member on here for a couple days I have done quite a lot of searching and browsing and what seems to be a trend among DEP's is attention to detail, less talking and more reading . As a SGT I can only offer you this advice and others will agree, hardwork + time + dedication = Improvement. If you want to get better at pull ups/ chin ups, get up and start doing them. But as others have stated before me, read more, search around this forum and you will find a good PT program that will work for you. If you have any questions just PM me
Sine Pari

101st Division STB 07 "Strength of the Eagle"
HHC 41st
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I see you were last on here to read my response to your original post
Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:15 pm

& the time I asked you to post your results has come and gone.

We (on this site) do not want excuses, just cooperation, from those that ask us to answer questions.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Recruitment Process”