25B Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

CowGoMoo
Egg

25B Intro

Post by CowGoMoo »

Hi,

I'm 24 years old and recently joined the military as a 25B. Prior to the military I went to school for a year studying aerospace engineering (hated it) and then dropped out to work for blizzard entertainment. I was a quality assurance analyst for a few years but decided I needed to move forward in life (fun but dead end job) so I enlisted in the army.

Currently, I am in airborne school and am deciding if the 75th is somewhere I want to be. I like my job and but am not an infantryman and don't want to be one, but I do want a high speed unit where I can learn a lot and get promoted quickly. I plan on either becoming an officer, warrant officer or moving to the civilian side of things if i end up wanting out of the military.

I am good at PT and could endure 'the suck' to get through 8 weeks of RASP, but I don't want to join the regiment only to spend all of my time still in 'the suck,' training, running battle-drills and always crawling in the mud instead of acting as a 25B. I don't have a problem with going outside the wire from time to time, but I don't want that sorta thing on a daily basis.

Anyone in the 75th as signal or other support MOS's have any insight as to what it's like in the regiment as a non-combat MOS soldier?

Thanks, and if my grammar and spelling are awful it's partially because I don't have a computer at the moment and did this on my phone :/
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: 25B Intro

Post by Jim »

Welcome. If you want to earn your place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Stay focused through airborne training, and you may get selected. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

You will still be a 25B in Regiment, no point in having a 25B if they are just gonna use them as an 11B. Being a 25B in Regiment will drastically increase your chances of going to OCS or W.O. Welcome to the site.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
CowGoMoo
Egg

Post by CowGoMoo »

Thanks for the responses. This forum has a lot of good info so I'll probably hang around for a while even if I end up as part of big ball army.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome.
Read in the recruiting forum, the Mosh Pit & well, everywhere. There's been a bunch of similar requests in recent weeks so your timing is good.
You'll work your MOS, but you'll be expected to be better at your MOS than soldiers anywhere, and you'll be expected to know it two ranks higher. Plus, all those extra skillsets expected of Rangers.
It's a great life, very busy, challenging and yet very rewarding. Just dont fall into the trap of thinking that once you make it through RASP, that you have accomplished anything - your time in the 75th can end at any time. Only when you have your DD214 or retirement papers will you be able to say "I made it" in our regiment.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

Return to “Introduction Archive”