new Sgt's in the regiment

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
hayn808
Soldier

new Sgt's in the regiment

Post by hayn808 »

what job do knew ncos' have in the regiment.Meaning don't you need ranger school to be in any kind of leadership postion in the regiment, even after ROP? If i make through ROP, will they rush me to go to ranger school faster?
was 63B20H8. now 11B2P.stationed with A co 2-12 CAV/IN, 4-1 BCT, Ft. Bliss TX 68th ENG Co.99-04 Ft. Hood,TX,went to Iraq feb03-may03 61st maint co. Dec 03-Dec 04 Camp Kyle, Korea
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Re: new Sgt's in the regiment

Post by rgrjoe175 »

hayn808 wrote:what job do knew ncos' have in the regiment.Meaning don't you need ranger school to be in any kind of leadership postion in the regiment, even after ROP? If i make through ROP, will they rush me to go to ranger school faster?
WELL YOU HAVE TO HAVE A TAB FIRST.. and you need to know how to spell I knew some NCOs once..LOL

JP :)
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

You won't be a NCO in the Regiment unless you have a Tab.

Ranger2
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Where I was at we got a non-tabbed E5 that had just reclassified to 13f. He was a tool. Didn’t even know the basics right after coming strait from AIT. So I lost my slot for RS and had to wait another 2 months so they could rush this fuckstick through. He did make it, and then they turned right around and shipped his ass to 3rd Bat. Where I heard he got the boot.

So if things haven’t changed they will probably send you right to RS school, which will bump some young stud who grew up in bat from his slot. So I would make sure you have your shit together, pass RS, know you know job inside and out, and be prepared to relearn it how the Rangers do it.

Would also help to be shit hot in PT and do a search for the RPATS standards and be able to do that also. If none of the above criteria is met don’t expect to stay long.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Horned Toad wrote:Where I was at we got a non-tabbed E5 that had just reclassified to 13f. He was a tool. Didn’t even know the basics right after coming strait from AIT. So I lost my slot for RS and had to wait another 2 months so they could rush this fuckstick through. He did make it, and then they turned right around and shipped his ass to 3rd Bat. Where I heard he got the boot.

So if things haven’t changed they will probably send you right to RS school, which will bump some young stud who grew up in bat from his slot. So I would make sure you have your shit together, pass RS, know you know job inside and out, and be prepared to relearn it how the Rangers do it.

Would also help to be shit hot in PT and do a search for the RPATS standards and be able to do that also. If none of the above criteria is met don’t expect to stay long.
I guess I do remember at one time we had a support NCO who was non-tabbed but I doubt that would ever happen with 11B. He was intel or something at HHC

Ranger2
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Our commo Sgt was a non tabbed E-5. He was the only one I ever saw.

Another reason that you need to know your shit, is that a PFC in Batt might be able to blow your doors off in numerous traing aspects and knowlege of the job. Ive experienced it first hand, while in OJC.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

You need your tab if you are a Combat arms MOS.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

Ranger2 wrote: I guess I do remember at one time we had a support NCO who was non-tabbed but I doubt that would ever happen with 11B. He was intel or something at HHC

Ranger2
Not all intel geeks are untabbed :evil: Just the majority :lol:
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
jakeshoe
Ranger

Post by jakeshoe »

I was definitely an exception to the rule..
11B progressed from E-1 to E-5 without a tab.

I was however working in a soft skill MOS at the time of being promoted to E-5.
There was 1 or two other 11B's prmotoed to E-5 in similar slots. Hupp... who was Ray's assistant.
Also the S-5 NCO. He made E-6 without a tab.
He was almost done with RS and his dad died..

If I could go back today, I would have made them send me to RS instead of PLDC... and would have then if I knew I was gonna run outta time..
Aco/HHC 2/75 95-99
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

jakeshoe wrote: Also the S-5 NCO. He made E-6 without a tab.
He was almost done with RS and his dad died.

I think that they sent him another time.....and he had some pain...and they sent him to the doctor at Ranger School.....and they found out that he had cancer of the nuts......so they took care of that, and sent him back to Bn.

They decided that bad things happened to this dude when they sent him to RS.

He was a good dude.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Ranger2 wrote:
Horned Toad wrote:Where I was at we got a non-tabbed E5 that had just reclassified to 13f. He was a tool. Didn’t even know the basics right after coming strait from AIT. So I lost my slot for RS and had to wait another 2 months so they could rush this fuckstick through. He did make it, and then they turned right around and shipped his ass to 3rd Bat. Where I heard he got the boot.

I guess I do remember at one time we had a support NCO who was non-tabbed but I doubt that would ever happen with 11B. He was intel or something at HHC

Ranger2
Nagy, had a big fucking attitude......I also think he was a pole smoker....pac nco I believe.
Last edited by BadMuther on September 25th, 2004, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jakeshoe
Ranger

Post by jakeshoe »

Yep,
That is the same guy. I knew he had had testicular cancer but did not know they found it while he was in RS. Yeah, he was a good dude.
Aco/HHC 2/75 95-99
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

jakeshoe wrote:Yep,
That is the same guy. I knew he had had testicular cancer but did not know they found it while he was in RS. Yeah, he was a good dude.
So he had been to RS?

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”