Desperate need of Rangers help, please!

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
glocky45
Ranger

Desperate need of Rangers help, please!

Post by glocky45 »

Rangers,
I've heard it would be 99% Sure I'd get a chance at RASP after OSUT & BAT with an 11x opt 4( If I was very fit, mentally tough)?? Is this truth, or sarcasm? I've heard if they don't need my MOS after BAT they won't look at you for RASP (w/ opt 4). And I've heard they only have 9 rasp class schedules per fiscal year. I'm trying to find out which statements accurate.
Post Script: Currently been looking for new 11x,13f,21b any with option 40. after I lost my 11xopt 40 reservation because meps. Its been awhile and my recruiter has been giving me sitreps everyday on what ROC says is avalible. Thats why I have been curious to if I took a 11x opt4 and was a p.t. stud, IF I'd be able to get a Rasp slot, If so approx. percentage and/or all problems that would prevent a "perfectly qualified" person from getting it. 20110820 APFT
PU74
SU85
2MR 12:15 in heat index 100
Thanks- currently doing 150 pushups, for my need of guidance.
B. Price
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
Worldweaver
Ranger

Re: Desperate need of Rangers help, please!

Post by Worldweaver »

You know, I used to go to the bar on the weekend. Prior to leaving I would put on my best clothes, brush my hair, sometimes brush my teeth, and put the obligatory sock in my pants 8) . Now, obviously I had a leg up on the other guys at the bar...I'm a pussy magnet!! After about 4 hrs of chatting up the ladies in the bar (not picky) I would be crying in my beer about getting shut down by every chick in the place. Seems that there were at lot of "other guys" at the bar that wanted pussy as well. Typically I would end up banging some 260 lb chick with a nice 5 o'clock shadow which was definitely not my initial choice.

Why the dumb ass scenario above?!! I'm hoping you will just take whatever contract your recruiter gives you so that after OSUT you can come back whining about not picking up a contract or getting "screwed" out of a RASP contract by your Drill Sgt. I enjoy watching young soldiers make horrible decisions.

Yes...I was being facetious!!! Get it in your CONTRACT.
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Worldweaver wrote:You know, I used to go to the bar on the weekend. Prior to leaving I would put on my best clothes, brush my hair, sometimes brush my teeth, and put the obligatory sock in my pants 8) . Now, obviously I had a leg up on the other guys at the bar...I'm a pussy magnet!! After about 4 hrs of chatting up the ladies in the bar (not picky) I would be crying in my beer about getting shut down by every chick in the place. Seems that there were at lot of "other guys" at the bar that wanted pussy as well. Typically I would end up banging some 260 lb chick with a nice 5 o'clock shadow which was definitely not my initial choice.

Why the dumb ass scenario above?!! I'm hoping you will just take whatever contract your recruiter gives you so that after OSUT you can come back whining about not picking up a contract or getting "screwed" out of a RASP contract by your Drill Sgt. I enjoy watching young soldiers make horrible decisions.

Look at that. Humor, truth, advice, hairy drunk girls and a verbal beating all in one. Squared away. :D
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Worldweaver wrote:You know, I used to go to the bar on the weekend. Prior to leaving I would put on my best clothes, brush my hair, sometimes brush my teeth, and put the obligatory sock in my pants 8) . Now, obviously I had a leg up on the other guys at the bar...I'm a pussy magnet!! After about 4 hrs of chatting up the ladies in the bar (not picky) I would be crying in my beer about getting shut down by every chick in the place. Seems that there were at lot of "other guys" at the bar that wanted pussy as well. Typically I would end up banging some 260 lb chick with a nice 5 o'clock shadow which was definitely not my initial choice.

He was kidding about the fat chick, it was way bigger than 260
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Worldweaver
Ranger

Post by Worldweaver »

Baseplate wrote:

He was kidding about the fat chick, it was way bigger than 260

Jealous?!! :mrgreen:
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Just get it in writing. More simple.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
glocky45
Ranger

Post by glocky45 »

Thanks to all Rangers that have helped me out specially Ranger Goon175, Ranger Steadfast, Ranger Jim, Ranger Worldweaver, Ranger Baseplate, Ranger Cams, Ranger Ron! I'm now an 13f opt 40!!
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Outstanding! Now get in better shape and don't blow the slot!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Recruitment Process”