Ranger School passes

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Proud Ranger Wife
Sister

Ranger School passes

Post by Proud Ranger Wife »

A friend of mine has her Ranger fiancee currently going through school. This past Friday, she left her cell phone at home to charge so she would be ready for when he called about his 8 hour pass on Saturday. Well, you know what happened - they got a pass on Friday and she ended up not being able to see him.

I told her I would come here to try to get some advice for her to make sure she gets to see him after mountains. First, will they get the pass while they are in Dahlonega? Is there any way to find out ahead of time when it will be? She lives about five hours from Dahlonega so if he called the day of - well, put it this way, I wouldn't want to get in her way that day! LOL

Any advice? TIA
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

There is only a 4 hour pass at the end of moutians. There are no visitors allowed. It is only for re-fit.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Not to be rude, but....

Family members of Rangers and their friends should leave Ranger students the hell alone when they are in the course. If they want to see her (you or anyone - Yes, I know I am talking bout the Ranger student's families), they will find a way to call. In the meantime, they need to stay focused and that could mean sleeping, eating, conducting personal hygiene, getting gear ready for the next phase, etc... NOT socializing with someone who will have no favorable impact on completing the course, whatsover.

Long and short of it is that if you really love them, leave them alone so they can succeed. It's hard enough just as it is, without having to attend to the needs of girlfriends, fiances or spouses who just have to get some attention as positive reinforcement for their relationship. Quite frankly, Ranger School students can do without the external distractions.
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

Yep, well said Ranger Spartan. Being without that person is SO hard, but it can be done! Just tell her to write him all the time and don't get offended if he doesn't write/call back, it's like someone told me, "If I have time to talk to you, I have time to sleep, and that's what I need for the next phase." Tell her it will go by quickly and to keep herself busy...
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Ranger school sucks and you need to use that little time to get ready for the next phase and that might be sleeping, eating or refitting. I don't remember thinking about women much at all. You are just trying to do what you have to do so that you can get it over with.

I had the Christmas break and my girlfriend at the time wanted me to go back to Washington and see her. I went home to my parents place and slept and ate for the two weeks or whatever it was. I had more important things to accomplish.

My parents still comment on how skinny I was and how much I ate and slept.

Ranger2

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”