Ranger Enlistment Contract

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
errie806
Embryo

Ranger Enlistment Contract

Post by errie806 »

I'm just asking to get a breakdown of all the different opt 40 contracts. I haven't been able to find a nice breakdown of all the MOSs that are Ranger eligible.
DWDriveOn
US Army

Re: Ranger Enlistment Contract

Post by DWDriveOn »

https://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75t ... uiting.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I could be wrong, but it's safe to assume all of the MOS' under the Enlisted area are all up for grabs with an Opt 40.
I'm not a recruiter or an authority on the matter. :)
"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Drink Water, Drive On.
errie806
Embryo

Post by errie806 »

What do you mean by skill level 10 Ranger Zone IV?
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Ranger ZoneIV is spot on. And I do not believe there is any specific list, its whatever the army/regiment needs at the time they will attach the contract to. 11x/13F/92Y/92G/74D are the common ones that I see.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Your posts tend to indicate that you need to have things spelled out for you - which is an indicator that you won't be seeing RASP in-processing.
To spell it out further for you, consider chaplain's assistant. There's maybe four of these guys in Regiment, all low rank. It's a tough job to get because those four hold their slot for up to three years. That means very few openings and you have to be lined up to be graduating RASP about the time one of them moves on. The upside is that the line to be a Ranger chaplain's assistant is not very long.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Recruitment Process”