Lengths of Movements in RS?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
REMF
Embryo

Lengths of Movements in RS?

Post by REMF »

Did some searches to no avail.

How long in miles/kms/hours on the average (if there is an average...) are the movements on the patrols in the various phases?

Thanks!
Last edited by REMF on September 7th, 2004, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

50 klicks, all up hill, against the wind and in a snow storm. Ranger school sucks.

Ranger2
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

About 20 a day.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Bell

Re: Lengths of Movements in RS?

Post by Bell »

REMF wrote:Did some searches to no avail.

How long in miles/kms/hours on the average (if there is an average...) are the movements on the patrols in the various phases?

Thanks!
Too long. Actually about 62 days with a couple of breaks. I walked from Ft. Benning to Dahlonegha to Florida and back to Ft. Benning. Then the bastards made me march to the barracks after graduation. Can you believe that?

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I don't remember the length of our little hikes, but I do remember that I had this drive inside me that I didn't care if it was going to be 5 miles or 50 miles, there was nothing you could have done to make me quit. The one thing I do remember is that every 2-3 miles we were getting our feet wet just to break up the monotony.
RangerWinnie
Ranger

Post by RangerWinnie »

Anyone remember this one right after the AAR?

RI says "Alright Studs, we are going to move 300 meters and go into a patrol base so everyone gets a chance to rack out."

Somehow we always got "lost" and ended up moving until it was light out. Never did get that sleep. lmfao
B & A CO's 3/75 1988-92
Class 9-90
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

I had a bowel movement there that was about 2 foot long after all of the MRE's.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Bell

Post by Bell »

You actually get a turd out of MRE's? Ya oughtta try C's. Everyone would go for 3 or 4 days without a bowel movement, then get this serious cramp and go shit a little brown puddle. 3 or 4 more days and another little brown puddle. RS sucked but looking back now it was interesting.

RLTW
Bell
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Eventually Ranger Bell.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Dublo wrote:I had a bowel movement there that was about 2 foot long after all of the MRE's.
exactly. I remember in mountains, never going and then one day just running outside the perimeter to take a huge shit. It was nasty.

Ranger2
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

You see what happens when you ask a question that is negligible, REMF? Rangers turn it into something important to talk about. :lol:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

All I can remember about my bowel movements in Ranger is "When they happened they happened fast, Furious and with great pain"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”