Why legs are "legs"

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
RangerDC

Why legs are "legs"

Post by RangerDC »

This is a prime example of why "legs" are looked down upon by Airborne and SOCOM units.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... g_soldiers

They make me sick. Every whining puss should be taken out and shot! These loosers are complaining about going home later than "they" planned and there are guys who will only get to go home in a proverbial pine box. What makes it worse is that they are ACITVE DUTY, what else do they have to do besides their JOBS!

I have heard many discussions about the "draft" coming back. Although I think every able bodied 18 y/o male should have to serve, even if it's only in a "homeland security" position for at least two years, the down fall about having conscripts in your military is you get a lot more of the BS that the 3rd ID is pulling.

I thank God that I was a Ranger, and the heritage that I can call mine has nothing to do with these leg pogue's.

Just my $.02
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

After I injured my back, the surgeons said I could not jump again, nor could I be an infantryman. They said that if I remained in the Army, I would have to do my time at a desk. I cussed and moaned so much that one of the doctors finally agreed to let me be in a Leg unit.

I made a phone call to the Infantry Unit at Ft. Lewis (seems like it was 9th ID) and talked to a Plt. Sgt. about my situation. He seemed overly excited to get me and assured me that I would be an instant Sqd. Ldr. I made arrangements to come meet him in person and get the 'tour.'

When I arrived at their garrison, I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. Rap music was blasting through the halls, rooms looked like college dorm rooms, I swear to this day that I smelled weed, guys off-duty were sporting earrings, and the few people who I talked to thought the Army sucked.

I have no doubt that there are some good guys in these leg units. BUT, the majority of what I observed on my 'tour' were complete losers. That was all it took to convince me to take the Medical Discharge and get out. If I couldn't serve with true soldiers, I didn't want to serve.

Again, I am not trying to stereotype all legs. There is a DEFINATE difference, however, between a Ranger unit and a Leg unit....it's like night and day.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Maybe there's hope...saw this on another site:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... ap/2003071
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
ranger3737
Ranger

Post by ranger3737 »

You know as I recall there was plenty of bitchin in Battalion between rangers about situations and higher authority. But that was as far as it went. If a Batt Boy ever said anything like that in a public forum or outside of the unit he would have had his nuts on the chopping block and would have been dx'ed at the least.

I understand it is the way of the soldier to bitch. If you ain't bitchin you ain't happy, but never to anyone beside your buddies. I think the boys that said that to the reporter should get their bags smoked.
3rd Plt. A Co. 2/75 82-85 Class 12-83
Back_door_ass_monkey
Egg

SPLLECHKEC...OOPS, I MEAN SPELLCHECK ANYONE...

Post by Back_door_ass_monkey »

WOW...you should really use spell check, since you can't spell "ACTIVE" correctly...

I would reprimand you further, but it would be a waste of my time.
BeerForMe

Post by BeerForMe »

awww shit....INCOMING!!!
Bell

Post by Bell »

You need to post some credentials for that name "guy". Don't know who ya are but you're two cents in this conversation had better be coming from a BTDT.

If you're a DEPper then ya need ta get back in the DEP forum. If yer the real deal, cough it up.

RLTW
Bell
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Check out his location.

Well, there, Mr. "Leg in Leavenworth", since you claim to be a "tough guy" doing time, inquiring minds want to know .... Are you the butch or the bitch?

RANGER Bell has just challenged you. Post your fucking credentials.

I don't think a BTDT worth his salt would address another BTDT in the manner in which you have. Therefore, I would have to put my money on you being the bitch .... not the butch.

Put your cell mate's cock back in your mouth. Nobody is listening here.

Fuck stick.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

The award citation reads as follows:

“On 16 Oct., 2003 Secret Agent Guy, while fulfilling his normal duties as Sperm Receptacle in a federal prison, distinguished himself during a Covert Operation on the internet. Secret Agent Guy, at great personal risk to himself, exposed himself to direct enemy fire while correcting the spelling of a Ranger on a forum where he had no business in the first place. Secret Agent Guys actions were in keeping with the highest tradition of the Gay Community and is hereby awarded the Order of the Deep Throat with Spell Check Device.

Jack Mehoff, Receptacle General, Commandingâ€
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Dude, you have no idea how bad I needed that!

LMAO
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Now I'm ready for some coffee! Hahahahah.
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Slowpoke, thats the funniest shit I have heard lately. I know have to clean the coffee of my computer and keyboard.
The Tool

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”