SITREP - Tucker

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Re: SITREP - Tucker

Post by hit_it »

Sand wrote:I enlisted with the National Guard last month, obtaining a contract that puts me in Ft. Benning for 11B OSUT and Airborne. I ship 20110726. I was administered an APFT this past weekend for drill at the RSP (Recruit Sustainment Program) and did well. I have shin splints and will be resting for 2 weeks to make sure they go away.

The current goal is to continue to work hard so I can 300 the APFT by the time I go to OSUT. I'm also studying general orders, soldier's creed, warrior ethos, commands, ranks etc. so that I can be on top of everything when I get there. I have been told that I should ask my Drill SGT about Ranger School about 6-10 weeks in if I am squared away.

-Sand

Do this only if you want the Drill Sergeant to take your balls and display them as a warning to all future fucksticks who don't know their place.

Now push. Then read and learn.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Cayo is talking about having gotten an Option 40, which is possible during training if you did not originally enlist with one. ACTIVE DUTY ONLY.

You are trying to find a way to go to Ranger school while attending initial entry training. Two totally different things, combined with the fact you are also in a reserve component.

I do not currently know the NG's WTC standard for attendance at Pre-Ranger. I will ask some questions of some people.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I was at Benning today and was able to speak briefly to someone about your issue. They stated that the knew of no situation in which a initial training Soldier could attend Pre-Ranger while in IET status, even at the NG's WTC.

Still working on a 100% answer, but if I were you I would start thinking about another course of action.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Alright here's your follow up answer.

NO.

RC Soldiers attending WTC RTAC will be mobed and sent TDY from their unit. They must be in the grade of SPC and above (except to this is the 75th Ranger Regiment and RTB). Any exception must be approved by waiver from the CDR, WTC. Company Commanders must submit written request for the waiver.

Honestly stud, I don't see a Company CO putting his name on the line for this with you just finishing BCT and having not even done anything with the unit yet.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

SITREP - Tucker

Post by IEDmagnet »

Sand wrote:Roger that MSG Hit_it!

If I understand correctly, the waiver is required only for those ranked below SPC. Although it says nothing for experience, I do have stripes for education. As it stands, a waiver is then unnecessary.

Does this change the situation?

- Sand
Brother, I'm going to add a little to this since I have been on both sides of the fence (RA and NG). To put it plainly, short of YOUR unit sending you to PRC and RS, you won't be going. Even then, it's going to depend on your unit's needs and training funds. I can guarantee that a DAY ONE (no offense meant, just putting it perspective) soldier in a Guard unit is NOT going to get the chance to go to RS.

Brother, get OSUT out of the way, return to your unit, and EARN a slot. That is your only chance.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes Hit It, but I just thought I could share.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Not a problem, brother. I welcome eveeryone to chime in when it's relevant.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Sand wrote:Rangers,
I set myself up with Rosetta stone and will be spending time working with it.
- Sand
What language? I encourage everyone to have a second language for professional reasons.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Recruitment Process”