Intro-Spotmonster

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro-Spotmonster

Post by Jim »

Welcome. I for one took the option to not go to the desert phase. My class (13-71) was the initial class to inclede a desert phase. Attending was optional. If you look at the class photos on the Ranger School webpage, you will note that there are two photos for the class. As I had done the mountains twice due to a medical recycle; I felt I had enjoyed enough.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
powellp
Ranger

Post by powellp »

Point made ZoneIV. I won't sit here and argue with you over something that don't even matter. I don't think this is the real issue anyway. I'll get to that in a minute. I know that the phase moved around. That's the reason I said "first, after moving from Utah" I have to go on what I've been told and what I read as far as exact location. Hell, they could have said it was the moon and I wouldn't have argued with 'em or cared for that matter. I ain't lost shit in Texas, except sleep :) I know that it sucked. I know that I didn't want to do it more than once, and I know I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
After 20 yrs my head is foggy too. Sometimes worse than others. I get my wires crossed just like anyone else.I feel like that is the reason this intro was posted fictitiously in the first place. Hence, the sarcasm in my first reply.
Now, let's get to it. I ran across this site and it caught my interest right away. I had damn near forgotten what it felt like to be a Ranger until I found it. I've been here for a little while and haven't been vetted. Thats fine. I know that most of the Scrolled Rangers here are from Batt. and very few from RHQ. I understand the skepticism that is a must in these situations. There's alot of bottom dwelling shitbags out there posing. I'm not one of 'em.I'm just a dude that served a short time as a Ranger and I'm proud of it. I ain't shit in anyones yard, but what you see is what you get.
So, If you or anyone else in the Private room has questions for me, just ask. I'll do my best to answer them. I felt like this was the real issue and just wanted to clear the air. If I'm way off base, Then I apologize in advance brother
RLTW

HHC 75th Rgr Rgt RSD '90-'92
RS class 11-91
Lifetime member RRA #827

"Life sucks pretty good about now. I wish it could suck a little more" -me, day seven, swamp phase
powellp
Ranger

Post by powellp »

ZoneIV wrote:
powellp wrote:I understand the skepticism that is a must in these situations.
Hey dude...no skepticism here about you at all on my part and there is certainly no need to apologize brother. It didn't cross my mind that you aren't who you say you are so my apologies are extended if anything I wrote implied that. I just felt like some record setting needed to be made since all the "historical" comments were being made and especially since I was told I was wrong. :lol:
Thanks Zone. I appreciate it.
P
RLTW

RS class 11-91
Lifetime member RRA #827

"Life sucks pretty good about now. I wish it could suck a little more" -me, day seven, swamp phase
ranger10-91
Egg

Post by ranger10-91 »

Hey Spotmaster -

I know this thread is old, but I graduated 10-91 as a Marine. Great school, still fond of it today. The blackhawk jumps into Florida were smooth. My ranger buddy for the 4 phases was Wallace "Cole" Hogan who perished in the Pentagon on 9/11.

J
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ahem Ranger, may I intercede. An introduction (your own is SOP) on this site as your first post -seems you are now overdue.
Semper Fi Marine.

ranger10-91 wrote:Hey Spotmaster -

I know this thread is old, but I graduated 10-91 as a Marine. Great school, still fond of it today. The blackhawk jumps into Florida were smooth. My ranger buddy for the 4 phases was Wallace "Cole" Hogan who perished in the Pentagon on 9/11.

J
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

"Life sucks pretty good about now. I wish it could suck a little more" -me, day seven, swamp phas

Powell,
So you were "that guy"!
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
powellp
Ranger

Post by powellp »

Powell,
So you were "that guy"!
Snafu,
That depends on which "guy" you're referring to. I've been called "that guy" before but I may have to plead the fifth. :)
RLTW

RS class 11-91
Lifetime member RRA #827

snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

powellp wrote:
Powell,
So you were "that guy"!
Snafu,
That depends on which "guy" you're referring to. I've been called "that guy" before but I may have to plead the fifth. :)

Hahah, I hear ya. I saw you were a fellow RSD nerd so I had to give you some shit! You should make it back for a RR sometime and stop by the new RCC. Lots of good stuff in the display.

Take care.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
powellp
Ranger

Post by powellp »

Snafu wrote,
Hahah, I hear ya. I saw you were a fellow RSD nerd so I had to give you some shit! You should make it back for a RR sometime and stop by the new RCC. Lots of good stuff in the display.

Take care.
Roger that Snafu!

I have alot of good memories from RSD. I actually made it to RR this year.Had a blast at the Holiday Inn North. Met a bunch of Rangers past and present. I stayed with my "little" cousin J.D.Smith (some 3/75 guys may remember him). We rode through and he showed me what used to be my old stompin' grounds. I was blown away at how much has changed in 20 years.It's alot nicer than when I was there! I'm happy to see that the Rangers seem to finally be treated the way they should be. :D

Be safe brother.
RLTW

RS class 11-91
Lifetime member RRA #827

Return to “Introduction Archive”