mechanic VS infantry

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
hayn808
Soldier

mechanic VS infantry

Post by hayn808 »

not that i care to much what others think about me being a mechanic. I just wanted to know if mechanics are treated different in the regiment becuase they are not infantry. I would think that being a ranger in the regiment tabbed or not tabbed is the only thing that matters. That all MOS's have one standard at the regiment and that's the ranger standard.
was 63B20H8. now 11B2P.stationed with A co 2-12 CAV/IN, 4-1 BCT, Ft. Bliss TX 68th ENG Co.99-04 Ft. Hood,TX,went to Iraq feb03-may03 61st maint co. Dec 03-Dec 04 Camp Kyle, Korea
Bell

Post by Bell »

It don't matter if yer a cook or a preacher, when the call comes, you'll all be carrying a weapon and humping a ruck.

RLTW
Bell
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

When we visited 2/75 they said RSOV's are leaving the inventory due to lack of usefullness. I am sure that the active Rangers no more but Hummers are being used by the Regiment now I believe.

Ranger2
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

The Hummer is a more robust vehicle than the ROSV. Not too mention if you need parts it's a non-issue.

The RSOV only saving grace was the narrow chassis. It made A/C loading easier and gave more room. With the advent of the C-17 those problems became non-existent.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

ARSOV's can't be armored either and that seemed to be the biggest reason.

Ranger2
Ron375
Ranger

Post by Ron375 »

Going from the 151 to the RSOV was like going from shitty to shitty.

Yeah the 151 would rollover in a stiff breeze but the RSOV was a gutless piece of shit.

Rangers don't rate each other's MOS. We all earned the black beret because we ALL went to RIP. A Ranger is a Ranger is a Ranger.
Bco 3/75 RGR '91-'93
1st Plt 60 gunner
Class 9-92
LRSD 312MI 1CD '93-'95
Voted ArmyRanger.com "Most Abrasive Asshole" '04
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

ron375 wrote:Going from the 151 to the RSOV was like going from shitty to shitty.

Yeah the 151 would rollover in a stiff breeze but the RSOV was a gutless piece of shit.

Rangers don't rate each other's MOS. We all earned the black beret because we ALL went to RIP. A Ranger is a Ranger is a Ranger.
I'm all for the bortherhood of Rangers but...Can you honestly say you never talked shit about the Non-shooters?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

Silverback wrote: I'm all for the bortherhood of Rangers but...Can you honestly say you never talked shit about the Non-shooters?
You mean to tell me that the line dogs would actually say mean and hurtful things about us soft skills? I have never seen that happen :wink:
Battalion is for 11Bs, always has been always will be. Everyone else is there to support the mission. Having said that, everyone does have to meet the same standards whether you are a 203 gunner or a cook. Us soft skills take great pride in serving in the Regiment because very, very few soft skill MOSs ever volunteer for RIP and even fewer make it. My .02 for Hayn808s original question: nobody is treated different, the standards are the standards, a Ranger is a Ranger no matter the MOS but there is always the fact that you are either a soft skill or a line dog, tabbed or not.
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

There was a tabbed E-5 cook when I was at 2/75. He was pretty squared away but we gave him shit. Also all the supply E-6's were tabbed and squared away but we gave them shit too. Of course they didn't catch as much shit as the guys working at HHC. But then again the Rangers at Regiment espeically the intel fags caught the most. That is for Intel Toad. When you toughest mission is when the Dominos shows up cold it isn't that bad.

Ranger2
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

OK I was just checking. Sometimes I start to believe all this touchy feely shit us FOGs say to one another.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
hayn808
Soldier

Post by hayn808 »

even if i am a mechanic, wouldn't i still fight like every other ranger in combat. im sure if i make it i would be expected to know and learn infantry tatics too. If not, i would volunteer. If all ranger's have the same standards then i would also want to do and know what everyone else does and knows. How can you trust the person next to you in combat if everyone is not on the same page?
was 63B20H8. now 11B2P.stationed with A co 2-12 CAV/IN, 4-1 BCT, Ft. Bliss TX 68th ENG Co.99-04 Ft. Hood,TX,went to Iraq feb03-may03 61st maint co. Dec 03-Dec 04 Camp Kyle, Korea
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

hayn808 wrote:How can you trust the person next to you in combat if everyone is not on the same page?
Ummm...I give up. How?

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”