Letter from Fulano

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Letter from Fulano

Post by Earthpig »

Just got this letter from Fulano a couple days ago:

Ranger EarthPig-

I'm in week two of OSUT and doing well so far. It's pretty low speed training so far, but with the unmotivated knuckleheads around, I'm glad we are taking things slow. Most guys in my platoon can't even handle the PT. We have at least 4 guys that can't do 5 pushups. The PT is easy for me. The only part where it gets hard is if/when we get smoked. Even that isn't usually too hard, but we do spend an assload of time in front leaning rest.

Hemorrhage is in my Co, but in 2nd Platoon (I'm in 4th). We don't see each other too often. Hopps is at 2/58 I think because he is definately not here. He might not have shipped from 30th AG. Who knows....

We don't get too much sleep, but we get enough. We have AWOL watch on one guy (my shithead battle buddy), Fireguard, and CQ duty. We all have some sort of duty every night. Two nights ago, one guy snuck out and ordered a pizza, so the whole platoon got smoked at 1:00 a.m. for about an hour or so. The guards both got Article 15's for that. Serves em right for letting people do whatever the fuck they want- no discipline.

Emphasize to the DEPers on the site that PT is important. Coming to OSUT in good shape will make the 14 weeks pass much easier. All the studs in my platoon are having a great time, while the slugs just want to go home. Also tell them not to bring the packing list to 30th AG. You have to buy everything you will use at the PX and they lock up all your shit until graduation.

Anyway, I have to close for now, so I can get this out today. Send greeting to all on Armyranger.com from me and Hemorrhage.

Best regards,
Fulano

PS: In the morning, we start Land Nav. I'm excited!!
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Glad to here about him and all the other DEPs.
Bell

Post by Bell »

And there you have it from the man on the ground. I love this shit.

RLTW
Bell
Phulano
Tadpole

Post by Phulano »

Thanks for the letter Ranger Earthpig :) - I needed the extra PT that day :)

Update on the land nav. I was the team leader for the test and my team finished first with 5/5 points. We finished about 40 minutes before the next team finished (we won KP for that one). When we got back one of the Drill SGT's asked me how many points we found and I responded "5 out of 5, Drill SGT, too easy Drill SGT!" - He said "too bad you got a no-go, jackass" without even looking at our points. Pissed me off. Since he gave my team a no go without even turning in our sheets I went back and gave em to my senior drill sgt and he checked our points and gave us a 5/5 go. I learned to keep my trap shut after that. I dont say shit anymore.

Best regards,

Phulano
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

looks like a bunch of the newer OSUT trainees from this site are driving the fuck on!
It's Mind over Matter. If you don't Mind, it won't Matter.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

ImportsRsloths wrote:looks like a bunch of the newer OSUT trainees from this site are driving the fuck on!

Yes ImportsRsloths, is it great, you youngin's keep on coming. Makes us old dudes proud to have you puppies around. Soon you will be driving on as other Ranger's have in the past. Just stay safe. Remember your training, stay focused and alert. Then shoot the Muthr fukers. Only make sure it is one of them, not one of your own.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Keep up the good work, Phulano. Those LandNav skills will help you out big-time down the road.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Letters from School”