BUBBA'S INTRO

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

bubba
US Army

BUBBA'S INTRO

Post by bubba »

Greetings Rangers and Ranger community,
I am an active duty CBRN NCO currently stationed in Germany. I found my way to this site researching my next assignment which is to RSTB this summer. I have been in the Army 9 years and have been stationed at Ft. Eustis, Germany twice, and Ft. Sill. I have two deployments under my belt, both in support units and nothing combat related. The reason I volunteered for a Ranger assignment is simple. I guess no one in my branch wants to do it or can't make it through the training and they needed volunteers. My intent on this website is to hopefully learn a little about what CBRN NCOs do in the regiment and to meet some people before I arrive at Ft. Benning this summer. I would also love some first hand, recent advice on what to expect and how to prepare for the training I am going to undertake. I look forward to hearing from everyone.
powellp
Ranger

Re: BUBBA'S INTRO

Post by powellp »

Welcome and thanks for your service Bubba.
I can't rightly say that I remember any Chemical guys at Regiment when I was there, so I have no Idea what your job there would entail. However, I can say that any job in the 75th Ranger Regiment is a privilege. There are a few guys here from Regiment that were more recent than myself. Maybe one of them will happen by and help. :)
RLTW

HHC 75th Rgr Rgt RSD '90-'92
RS class 11-91
Lifetime member RRA #827

"Life sucks pretty good about now. I wish it could suck a little more" -me, day seven, swamp phase
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Bubba . . .thank you for your service.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

schibbs wrote:Howdy and welcome, and all the chemical stuff in my opinion is highly needed in a battalion, otherwise some poor E-4 has to figure all the shit out for himself with maybe only a week of training.

Tell ME about it! I was one of those E-4's stuck on double duty because I got the week long NBC class (Although, the upside was being certified to run the gas chamber and never having to go through that vile thing again..)

Very necessary job, and welcome to the site.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
bubba
US Army

Post by bubba »

Ranger powellp- Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to any job they have me doing when I arrive because I know the units are full of Soldiers that are motivated and want to be there which will be a big change from where I am now.

Rangers CharlieRanger1FFV and RangerRon- Thank you for the welcome.

Rangers schibbs and the sleepy doc- I think I am a little further in my career than running a company NBC room, but I look forward to helping the company guys, 74 or not, with their duties. I am truly excited about my upcoming PCS and welcome every challenge that will be presented to me. Thanks for the the greetings.
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:
schibbs wrote:Howdy and welcome, and all the chemical stuff in my opinion is highly needed in a battalion, otherwise some poor E-4 has to figure all the shit out for himself with maybe only a week of training.

Tell ME about it! I was one of those E-4's stuck on double duty because I got the week long NBC class (Although, the upside was being certified to run the gas chamber and never having to go through that vile thing again..)

Very necessary job, and welcome to the site.
You and me both. Man, I hated that job. The sucky thing is that when I got to Italy, it happened again.

Welcome chem guy. Good soldiers are always needed in the Regiment, no matter what the MOS.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for your service.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

No matter how fit you think you are, get in better shape. Toughen up your feet.
and never quit!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
bubba
US Army

Post by bubba »

K.Ingraham wrote:No matter how fit you think you are, get in better shape. Toughen up your feet.
and never quit!

Ranger K.Ingraham- Thanks for the advise.
bubba
US Army

Post by bubba »

al_2ndWolfhounds wrote:Welcome, thank you for your service.
Thanks for the welcome Ranger al_2ndWolfhounds.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

bubba wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:No matter how fit you think you are, get in better shape. Toughen up your feet.
and never quit!

I gave you advice, I did not 'advise'. :P

I too got saddled with NBC responsibilities after one of the five days courses so I have some appreciation for your MOS. It's a good intro for those who want to become firefighters later on as 'hazmat' response is pretty much the exact same thing.
I can't stress the fundimental fitness strongly enough. You are going to find an entirely new world in Regiment. They live for all things 'rangering'. Well almost all things, take NBC for instance. :D
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
bubba
US Army

Post by bubba »

K.Ingraham wrote:
bubba wrote:
and never quit!

I gave you advice, I did not 'advise'. :P

I too got saddled with NBC responsibilities after one of the five days courses so I have some appreciation for your MOS. It's a good intro for those who want to become firefighters later on as 'hazmat' response is pretty much the exact same thing.
I can't stress the fundimental fitness strongly enough. You are going to find an entirely new world in Regiment. They live for all things 'rangering'. Well almost all things, take NBC for instance. :D
Ranger K.Ingraham,
Thanks for the catch on my typing error. I was hoping they took my job a little more serious than big Army. I know there is no real world need for us right now so we usually get a plethora of other duties. At least there will be someone happy that they can focus on their job when I get there. I was really hoping to find someone with knowledge of the DRT's within the battalions to find out what they actually do so I can do my research ahead of time. Thanks again.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I really don't know what the CBRN guys above company level do, but our company CBRN guy was always gone TDY. One of the supply privates actually ran the day to day CBRN shop for the most part, as the actual CBRN guy was always gone to these fancy CBRN schools. I don't know what specific schools he went to, but I know some were civilian/govt. courses, and some were military ran. I know he would come back talking about how he was the only one there below the rank of SFC/MSG. And he was just a company guy, who was a SPC/SGT for the majority of the time I was there, getting all these fancy schools for a cbrn guy. Also, just in general for the MOS, I think he was probably pretty "high speed" for a 74 series guy in the army, by the time I left he was a ssg with only 5 years in the army, a Ranger Tab, and a Bronze Star.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Introduction Archive”