WTC Termination

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
klinelugz
US Army Veteran

Re: WTC Termination

Post by klinelugz »

Rangers,
Veterans and Other Guests,

Pardon me if I am out of line. I happen to come across this thread, and since it pertains to me and I have the current message, I figured it would be beneficial to post on here and share with everyone.

WTC:

The USAREC Message for it was just released...Effective 01 Jan 2011 TRADOC will no longer be conducting WTC. If you want to know if you will have to attend full BCT or not... follow read these guidlines:

6. Break in service (BIS) as addressed in AR 350-1, Paragraph 3-25, is further clarified: BIS begins after the Military Service Obligation (MSO;original 8 year obligation) ends.

7. The following attendance policy applies to personnel accessing into the RA with PS in the Army, USMC, Air Force (USAF) Special Operations, Navy (USN) Special Operations or Personnel who have completed an Army or USMC BCT:
a. PS personnel with less than three years BIS and same/comparable Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) report directly to their unit of assignment.
b. PS personnel with less than three years BIS and new/different MOS will attend appropriate Advanced Individual Training (AIT) or appropriate specialty training prior to unit of assignment.
c. PS personnel with more than three years BIS regardless of MOS will attend BCT and then attend the appropriate AIT or appropriate specialty training prior to unit of assignment.

8. PS personnel accessing into the RA with PS in the USAF, USN or Coast Guard (excluding Special Operations Forces) who have not completed an Army or USMC BCT, and regardless of length of BIS will:
a. with same/comparable MOS attend BCT prior to unit of assignment.
b. with new/different MOS attend BCT then attend appropriate AIT or appropriate specialty training prior to unit of assignment.

9. PS personnel accessing into the AR will follow the below guidelines:
a. PS personnel accessing into the AR with PS in the RA, USMC, USAF, USN and personnel that have completed an Army or USMC BCT will report directly to their unit of assignment.
b. PS personnel accessing into AR with PS in the USAF, USN or Coast Guard and/or who have not completed an Army or USMC BCT will attend BCT prior to unit of assignment.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion that anyone may have.

Mike
"You can't be first, but you might be next!"

Return to “Recruitment Process”