SOCOM vs. HBAR Barrel

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

SOCOM vs. HBAR Barrel

Post by C-MAC »

So I replaced the HBAR barrel on my Colt. Swapped in a SOCOM M4 barrel. Differences were;

HBAR 1:9, 16 inches, no thread, chrome lined
SOCOM 1:7 14.5, thread, chrome lined

I added a Cav Arms Compensator (don't start, in NY we are not allowed evil Flash hiders) to help with muzzle rise on the SOCOM. Bottom line- I like it.

But a question. One reason I bought the SOCOM is it was a "heavy" barrel to hold the M203/battle tested. But it looks like overall, end-to-end, the HBAR has better thickness (although the SOCOM is somewhat fluted thicker by the receiver end).

Any thoughts on accuracy, heating, etc.? Prefer one over the other??

Thanks.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: SOCOM vs. HBAR Barrel

Post by Flesh Thorn »

14.5 inch barrel ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Re: SOCOM vs. HBAR Barrel

Post by C-MAC »

Flesh Thorn wrote:14.5 inch barrel ?
Yes. 14.5 without the compensator.

This isn't mine and just a random pic, but it is the same barrel;
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthr ... er=1817369" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver

Return to “Weapons of War”