Introduction - Kyle

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

CingetoAD
Embryo

Introduction - Kyle

Post by CingetoAD »

Hello all. My name is Kyle.
I am 18, and in the beginning stages of the enlistment process. Not quite in the DEP, but I've definitely started the process. I am currently a high school senior, on course for graduation. I am planning on being in the Army ASAP after high school, and I want to be a Ranger. I'm pushing for a 68W Op. 40. I look forward to learn from this esteemed community, and consider it a great privilege.

-Kyle
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

CingetoAD intro

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome CingetoAD.

I have sent you a PM containing our ROE. Please read, reflect & then post but post little, read a lot.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CingetoAD
Embryo

Re: Introduction - Kyle

Post by CingetoAD »

ROE have been read, and understood.
nightcrawler
US Army Veteran

Post by nightcrawler »

Welcome to the forum CingetoAD!
Search around, listen carefully, and never quit!
DUCTI AMORE PATRIAE
"Having Been Led by love of country"
ACO 1-506 INF BN 02-04 Camp Giant
ACO 1-506 INF BN 05-06 Camp Greaves
Currahee
Operation Iraqi Freedom (al-Habbaniyah)
ACO 2-12 INF BN 06-Present Camp Carson
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Baghdad) Al Doura District

All gave some, but some gave all!
RIP Jerimiah J. Veitch
CingetoAD
Embryo

Post by CingetoAD »

Thank you for the welcomes, Ranger Steadfast, and nightcrawler. I am headed back to the recruiting station this coming Monday to work on my "packet" I believe. I received my ASVAB scores back on Tuesday, and I'm basically qualified (as far as test scores go, any ways. :|) for any job I want. I'm still set on that 68W, but going to inquire about an option 4 instead of an option 40, as I've been reading the forums and seen that recommendation being made quite often for other would-be medics. Thank you, all.

-Kyle
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for your desire to serve.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your desire to serve as a Ranger Medic is appreciated. But I don't think you've reading here has been thorough. Insist on the Option 40. That's your only gauantee of getting what you want. The Option 4 is a fall back option if you are unable to secure and Option 40 and with the Option 4 there is no gaurantee. Getting to RASP will depend on the needs of the Army and the Ranger Regiment at the time.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
CingetoAD
Embryo

Post by CingetoAD »

Thank you for the welcomes, Ranger al_2ndWolfhounds, and Ranger Bill. I was very insistent on the Op. 40, but I couldn't even get an Op. 4, let alone 40. BUT, there is some interesting information that I was told. I leave Wednesday night for MEPS processing on Thursday (of this week), to sign my contract to get in to the DEP as a 68W. However, the recruiting battalion has been raving about me for some reason, and the Sergeant Major of the batt. had someone in the Department of the Army on the phone trying to get me the 68W slot, due to their being so limited. They said that once Airborne/Ranger options become available, I will basically be able to have it added in to my contract, and due to my senior status and apparently pant-shitting ASVAB scores, I'll be high on the list. Not to sound cocky, but I will get to the 75th Ranger Regiment, one way or another.

-Kyle
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

CingetoAD wrote:Thank you for the welcomes, Ranger al_2ndWolfhounds, and Ranger Bill. I was very insistent on the Op. 40, but I couldn't even get an Op. 4, let alone 40. BUT, there is some interesting information that I was told. I leave Wednesday night for MEPS processing on Thursday (of this week), to sign my contract to get in to the DEP as a 68W. However, the recruiting battalion has been raving about me for some reason, and the Sergeant Major of the batt. had someone in the Department of the Army on the phone trying to get me the 68W slot, due to their being so limited. They said that once Airborne/Ranger options become available, I will basically be able to have it added in to my contract, and due to my senior status and apparently pant-shitting ASVAB scores, I'll be high on the list. Not to sound cocky, but I will get to the 75th Ranger Regiment, one way or another.

-Kyle
What the hell is "senior status'? It looks like your 18, still in high school and just rolled up to be a DEP? Other than perhaps your current year group in high school, what makes you "senior'? And don't count on anyone doing any extra work for you once you sign that contract. Keep in mind, they don't have to give you Airborne or Ranger even if they do become available. You are in the process of taking the longest route possible IF you can pull it off. I've been on this site for awhile and very few get there out of the gate with out it in their contract.

inter06 was one of my mentee's he decided, against everyone heres advice, he would just go with a straight 68W contract, because he was tired of waiting. He hated life. He however, was the PT award winner and honor graduate of basic and his AIT. Early in the process he started hounding his DI's about an Airborne slot, because if you can't get to jump school, the odds are your not going to the 75th on your first duty assignment.

He got to Jump school, did well there as well and was scooped up by the Ranger Liason. He is there now doing great things but this is not the preferred route.

Good luck on your journey.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Kyle, a man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression. So far you are not doing well. Becoming a Ranger Medic is not easy; you need to ensure that your recruiter fights to get you a Option 40. Please pay attention to Ranger Jurena's comments as they mirror what I have observed over the years. For your initial task, please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread not later than midnight, Sunday, 31 October 2010. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CingetoAD
Embryo

Post by CingetoAD »

Thank you for the advice, RangerJurena. Yes, you are correct, that is what I meant by "senior". Apparently, the Army is trying to get highschool seniors to enlist, so there was a big deal when I showed up. Whoop de doo. I pushed and pushed my recruiter for an op. 40, and he called around, but nothing could be done. I have a contact that I'm going to be talking to, to see if they can get me set up with an option 40.

Ranger Jim, I will get myself squared away, and have that PT test in ASAP. Back in my lane.
CingetoAD
Embryo

Post by CingetoAD »

I'm back. Sorry for the delay. I have sworn in to the DEP. My PT results are: 60 pushups, 76 situps, and a 15:01 two mile time. Have a good one.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

CingetoAD wrote:I'm back. Sorry for the delay. I have sworn in to the DEP. My PT results are: 60 pushups, 76 situps, and a 15:01 two mile time. Have a good one.
What contract did you get?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

CingetoAD wrote:I'm back. Sorry for the delay. I have sworn in to the DEP. My PT results are: 60 pushups, 76 situps, and a 15:01 two mile time. Have a good one.
The reason I assigned you the task was to help you by establishing a PT baseline so that you can better focus your efforts. Your running needs work. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”