Intro - Jeremy

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

gillieman03
Embryo

Intro - Jeremy

Post by gillieman03 »

Hello Rangers/Members, my name is Jeremy. First and fore most I want to thank EVERY single Ranger here for serving OUR country, you guys are in a class of your own. I was an undergrad student at Oregon State University going for my B.S. in Microbiology and Biochemistry and my B.A. in Philosophy and Physics with a minor in mathematics. I come from a military family, mother was in the army and uncle is in the army as well as my grandfather. I recently just went to MEPS and took my ASVAB and I am leaving the 24 JAN 2011. I enlisted as a 13F and I am very much excited and anxious to leave and serve my country. I've always wanted to become an Army Ranger and serve in the 75th Regiment and be a part of a group of guys that have the privilege to call themselves the best OF the best.

PU - 126
SU - 89
2 mile - 12:17
Chris
Embryo

Re: Intro - Jeremy

Post by Chris »

Did you get an option 40 contract? My ship date is a week after yours
"A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective"
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Chris wrote:Did you get an option 40 contract?
Ditto. Welcome, and thanks for enlisting.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

I actually did not get an Option 40 contract... my recruiter never told me about an Option 40 and my neighbor who was a Ranger told me I couldn't get Ranger school in my contract so I never bothered to do my research. It just so happen that after I came back from MEPS I was just bullshittin around on random army forums and this one and I saw somewhere someone asked if they could get an Option 40 in their contract or Option 20 and I wanted to know what the fuck they were talking about so I "googled" that shit and come to find out that could have gotten an Option 40 in my contract...fucked up right? haha maybe I can still get it?
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

gillieman03 wrote:I actually did not get an Option 40 contract... my recruiter never told me about an Option 40 and my neighbor who was a Ranger told me I couldn't get Ranger school in my contract so I never bothered to do my research. It just so happen that after I came back from MEPS I was just bullshittin around on random army forums and this one and I saw somewhere someone asked if they could get an Option 40 in their contract or Option 20 and I wanted to know what the fuck they were talking about so I "googled" that shit and come to find out that could have gotten an Option 40 in my contract...fucked up right? haha maybe I can still get it?
Option 40 has nothing to do with Ranger School. What it does is guarantee you a shot at getting to a Ranger Battalion, assuming you successfully complete Basic, AIT, Airborne School, and RASP.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

So is their anyway I can get that into my contract after MEPS? My recruiter told me that even after I swear in we go over my contract one more time and make sure it's exactly how I want it... could I get it in my contract then?
Chris
Embryo

Post by Chris »

Ah I see. Yea I'm signing 13F Opt 40 on Tuesday, I reserved it last week w my recruiter
"A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective"
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Hooah soldier. I really wish I would have done my homework before hand to find this out... I just figured you had to get chosen to go to RIP, RASP or Ranger school directly out of airborne. Good thing I've been skydiving and have static line training and AFF training already under my belt.. you think that should help? I have maybe 14 jumps under my belt.
Rob
Inprocessing

Post by Rob »

Gillieman03, PM inbound.
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

Your civilian jumps won't help you, but I will.

If you really want to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment, renegotiate your contract. Have the recruiter include the Option 40 to your 13F MOS. This will put you in a pipeline of OSUT, BAC, RASP. That's basically Basic, AIT, Airborne, and Ranger whatever it's called Indoc/Selection.

You probably haven't received the "PM" yet, but go back and read the Rules and FAQs for this site. There is a great wealth of knowledge built in them and also a few rules that we request of new members. Almost all the answers to whatever question you have are on this site. If you want the 75th bad enough, you'll find the way through here.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Thank you for your desire to serve. Attention to detail would serve you well.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Thanks for the advice Ranger . and Ranger Elguapo. Still working my way through this site and making sure I get the rules down to a key, but I'll get it down. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone on here, just wanna get the best advice I can and the right information I need to get the job done.
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Ranger JLTW, I have received, read, and understood the site ROE.

Return to “Introduction Archive”