SITREP

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

NeverSayDie
Tadpole

SITREP

Post by NeverSayDie »

Rangers,

Schoolwork is going great, I have a series of analysis papers due which brings me down to crunch time. I'm having some minor complications with my living situation but its nothing I cant handle, just a pain in the ass regarding timing. Ranger Ingraham has continued to be an enormous help (such as showing up at 1130 to administer an unsespected 3 mile run) FUA has been helping me with my schoolwork, and I have to say that young Naval Officers is a godsend regarding accademics. To my surprise during a run-in with the local ROTC commander I found out that I do infact qualify for ROTC while taking online courses (something that my recruiter assured me about a billion times I didnt) which was infact my initial career of interest in the Army (hold fire, I am still very determined on the joining your Ranks). I'm going to be signing into ROTC on monday as a non-contracted Cadet. This way I get to dress up and play soldier during my PT session for a few days a week untill the elusive OP40 shows up at the Station. (as well as hit on hot college girls 8) ) I look foward to the upcoming mental and physical challenges, and am remotivated by the fact that the torture courses I've been begging the Army for are just within my grasp.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: SITREP

Post by IEDmagnet »

Lunch wrote: She doesn't have to be fat unless your goal is 2/75

The only other time this is authorized is the first night out after a long deployment. You're off your game, we understand. :mrgreen:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Ranger lunch & Old Grunt,

Roger that.

NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Rangers and Vets,

This SITREP is a bit overdue. I failed one of my courses by 5 points and FASFA dropped my student aid. Due to economic hardship up north I had to pack up and catch a greyhound down to Roanoke VA and will be staying with family untill I can save up enough to get back on my feet. I had a twelve hour layover in DC and spent the night sipping coffee while camped out in front of Grand Unoin Station. I was surprised and disgusted to find rats running around within sight of the capitol building, with vagrants and drunks sleeping under, and actually pissing on national monuments, many of which looked like they hav'nt had any upkeep in over 30 years. At daybreak I rucked around just about every square foot of the national mall with everything I had on my back. For the majority of my time I sat under the Washington Memorial contemplating my future.

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you all (as per the standing orders). Between having FASFA drop my aid, seeing our nations capitol like that, and holding everything I own in three duffel bags, A large part of me just wanted to walk away and go off on a very different career path. (Hence the delayed SITREP) But the Idea of having spent an entire year of planning and preping, of putting forth all the efforts of myself, Ranger Ingraham, and other Rangers and Veterans on this board, just to give up now doesnt sit right with me. I've decided that I've come to far to turn back now. I WILL earn my tan beret! even if they have to bury me with the thing on top of my fucking casket.

Now pushing out 50 for considering faluire as an option, falling in, STFU, and driving on. Its late in the semester so If my packet doesnt make in time for October I'll just wait untill November to finish up the credits on my own dime. I've already checked in with the local recruiting station, which seems more receptive and compitent then back home. When I save up enough for transpo I'll start attending VA tech ROTC 30 miles east. I'll be resuming 0630 PT every morning on my own untill then. *Anyone* here in the new AO is welcome to join me, just shoot me a PM.

Never Quit,

NSD

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

NeverSayDie wrote: I'll start attending VA tech ROTC 30 miles east.
You probably mean West unless you are living in Dublin.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Flesh Thorn wrote:
NeverSayDie wrote: I'll start attending VA tech ROTC 30 miles east.
You probably mean West unless you are living in Dublin.
Roger Ranger Flesh Thorn.

Still getting oreinted to the new surroundings.
(Pushing for lack of attention to detail.)

NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

ZoneIV wrote:
Well actually Blacksburg is SW of Roanoke but there are far more important matters to attend to. Have you actually contacted Virginia Tech about taking ROTC? I would not be surprised if you actually had to be a part of the "Corps of Cadets" to take ROTC. The ROTC program at Virginia Tech is a tad different then other colleges. At one time a cadet would actually live/sleep under a military structure. You just didn't do the military thing when you showed up for ROTC class like other colleges. A day student may not be able to enroll in ROTC classes. This is something you need really need to check into.
Ranger ZoneIV,

I'm still trying to get ahold of the contact information for the VA Tech ROTC command. My googlefu yeilded no results and The VA tech student info center is closed untill monday. I would ask my CoC in New York for the info and possibly to put a request/notice outbound on my transfer but they may not even know I'm gone. There was a week long vacation in effect when I left. I've called my Senior Cadet team, squad, and platoon leaders as well as the actual MAJ and MSG that teach the class. No dice. Also sent E-mails and left voicemail messages, but I'm still waiting for a reply.

NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Scratch that, just found the contact info. Should I wait untill I get confrimation from New York to touch base down here? Or should I just go ahead and send a packet through now? I was put on the roster up north but my PL took his time getting the DoD form for me to sign so I dont think it has gone through yet. Would that help me or hurt me here?

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Are you going to be freshman, softmore, junior, or senior ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Are you going to be freshman, softmore, junior, or senior ?
I will be a Freshman Ranger Flesh Thorn

NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

ZoneIV wrote:
NeverSayDie wrote:Scratch that, just found the contact info.
So in your earlier post about not being able to find contact info for Virginia Tech ROTC by googling total BS and a lie? The reason I ask this is because when I google "Virginia Tech ROTC", it not only shows up as a google quick-fill, their home page and a phone# for the department are the first two entries. So what is it? Were you simply lying about your previous failure to find information or are you lacking in simple intelligence when it comes to googling things. You have written a bunch of "excuses" in just a couple of posts.
Ranger ZoneVI,

I am not a liar, not here. Especialy not here. I failed to find the ROTC with my initial search peramiters but was able to find it by entering "Corps of Cadets/ Virginia" after reading your previous posts. I accept full responsibility for my current situation and make no exuses for myself or my deficiencies. That was not and will not be my intent here. I am seeking guidance on how to adapt to and overcome my situation.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”