Interesting Article; LEO's being targeted?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Interesting Article; LEO's being targeted?

Post by cams »

http://www.splcenter.org/forward/emailr ... =node/2997" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The "sovereign citizens" movement, based on a bizarre ideology promoted by a father-son team that murdered two police officers recently in West Memphis, Ark., is growing at a rapid pace, according to the latest issue of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Report, released today.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Interesting Article; LEO's being targeted?

Post by RangerX »

Anti-LEO sentiment has always been around, particularly in the fringe elements.

I was doing some research on the feasibility of getting a can for one of my pea-shooters. On one of the forums I found, there was this asshat that was vigorously defending his anti-LEO stance, and went on in great detail about how he hopes to be confronted by a cop for open carry of a pistol.

I exfil'ed post haste.

Y'all be safe out there.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Just glad that Jerry and his scumbag son both got their just due.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

This is just another part of an increasingly violent and weak minded society that is bent on blaming every one else for their problems, and refusing to take account of their own actions. So many people are looking for a scape goat for their situations, instead of productively working to fix the problem. As always, the government and it's "agents" become a highly visible outlet for their anger. It is becoming a much much more dangerous job every day, and soon it is just going to explode.

I'm glad these asswagons are dead...and just hope the next one to go stupid ends up DRT without an officer going down.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Cams, ya gotta remember that anyone WITHOUT a badge is 10 times more a law enforcement expert than someone WITH a badge. :roll:

LEO's enforce laws, write tickets, arrest people, so we are easy targets to " hate " and be blamed for other's problems. After all, it is OUR fault that they got arrested for a crime.

Although there are just plain crazy people out there that will shoot and kill a LEO simply because he is a LEO, there are also people out there that believe they should shoot and kill a LEO and are justified in doing so because LEO's are the root of thier self-believed problems. In LEO line of work, there is no such thing has " too careful " or being too safe..........only clowns that take hours / weeks / months / years to sit back in safe offices & houses and make decisions that a LEO made in less than one second.

10 or 15 years ago the job of a LEO was dangerous. In the year 2010 & future, it is down-right filled with daily life or death decisions made in a second.....two seconds if the LEO is lucky. In the past 8 or 9 months, LEO's here in Washington State have not been very lucky, thats for sure.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

RANGER513 wrote:Cams, ya gotta remember that anyone WITHOUT a badge is 10 times more a law enforcement expert than someone WITH a badge. :roll:
....and everyone WITH a badge is also a firearms expert : http://bdtonline.com/local/x1912410410/ ... ike-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D Just fucking with you RANGER513. I heard this story on tv about three times in 15 minutes with the exception that they never mentioned he was a retired state trooper. I just had to mention it to you. :D
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

"Conspiracy culture has been spreading rapidly in this country"...

Concentration camps

Birther Movement

ETC...
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Commonwealth Attorney Dennis Lee said that McPherson was charged with one count of reckless handling of a firearm. The charge is a Class I misdemeanor. If convicted, McPherson could face up to 12 months in jail, a $2,500 fine or both.

I hate this for the old man, but it is good to see that the local response to the incident was overwhelming and timely.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

I had just moved to NC when there was a shooter with a rifle walking down the street in Chapel Hill shooting at the police. A former jarhead in a local bar drinking heard the shots and ran out of the bar, down the street through a hail of gunfire by the police and tackled the shooter. The jarhead got wounded by the police in the leg if I remember correctly.

I think there are others that will support a LEO in pinch if given the chance. I certainly hope I can some day.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

panthersix wrote:I think there are others that will support a LEO in pinch if given the chance. I certainly hope I can some day.
I heard a story years ago about a cop who fought a suspect one night on a traffic stop and lost. The cop had his own pistol taken from him, and was handcuffed face down in a ditch next to the road. The suspect made some comment about last words, and then a shot rings out. The cop eventually realizes that he's not been shot, but that the suspect had been. The suspect was apparently brought down by a rifle and the shooter never came forward.
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

abnhawk wrote:
panthersix wrote:I think there are others that will support a LEO in pinch if given the chance. I certainly hope I can some day.
I heard a story years ago about a cop who fought a suspect one night on a traffic stop and lost. The cop had his own pistol taken from him, and was handcuffed face down in a ditch next to the road. The suspect made some comment about last words, and then a shot rings out. The cop eventually realizes that he's not been shot, but that the suspect had been. The suspect was apparently brought down by a rifle and the shooter never came forward.

First question...were you the shooter brother? :lol:

Either way that dude needs a medal!!!! God bless the marksman with timing. :mrgreen:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

IEDmagnet wrote:First question...were you the shooter brother? :lol:
haha shit no. You'd know if I was the shooter. You know how much free beer and tail I could pull with a story like that :mrgreen:
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

abnhawk wrote:
IEDmagnet wrote:First question...were you the shooter brother? :lol:
haha shit no. You'd know if I was the shooter. You know how much free beer and tail I could pull with a story like that :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

Return to “The Mosh Pit”