Bouncing Tips?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Bouncing Tips?

Post by NeverSayDie »

Tuesday I start a part time job as a bouncer at a local bar. Its a rough place but I can make my rent with some to spare on the weekends, which will give me alot more time for my coursework. I'm a little concerned any injuries or sue happy patrons might complicate my enlistment though. Since its probable alot of you Rangers and Vets out there might have worked similiar security jobs, I was wondering if ya'll might have any tips on keeping my track record spit & polished for the duration of my employment here.

NSD
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
panthersix
Ranger

Re: Bouncing Tips?

Post by panthersix »

Google Bas Rutten's self defense vids:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then don't do what he says, instead do what Ranger Lunch recommends and film everything.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I worked a club in Midtown Atlanta during the Olympics. It was a very interesting experience. A few things from my experience:
  • Be polite, but firm. Never yell other than to get attention in loud environments.
  • Don't get intoxicated while working.
  • Follow the law. I don't care how much she promises to suck your dick or go 3 way with you and her friend.
  • Be alert. Not just for troublemakers, but for people in trouble. Think people passing out, girls about to get roofied and butt raped, etc.
  • Keep your beliefs to yourself. People go out to get messed up and do stuff that you may find morally reprehensible.
  • Stay away from any poonanny that works in the bar. Bars & restaurants are black holes to your social life. Everyone is fucking everyone else. You don't want that drama.
  • If a girl is hitting on you when she goes IN to the bar, check her ID extra hard. If she is hitting on you at closing time, check to see if you have condoms.
  • Be alert. Know where ALL security personnel are at all times. Keep your back to a wall, or better a corner.
  • Don't let the crap you see get you down. It can be a lot of fun, and your eyes will likely get opened a little.
Edit-

One last thing. If you are on the door checking IDs, a trick I used a lot was to look at their hands. Young people tend to have young hands. Makeup & plastic surgery tend to blur the usual metrics.
Last edited by RangerX on August 4th, 2010, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Watching everyone else get drunk while you remain sober will definately help keep you out of the bottle.

As for the job, see if you can wash dishes instead. Folk are less likely to hit you with one.

----
Edited to add a cop tip passed along here somewhere: When a fight breaks out, let the miscreants tire themselves out first before you move in.
Last edited by K.Ingraham on August 4th, 2010, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Watch Road House 3 or 4 times

HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Baseplate wrote:Watch Road House 3 or 4 times

:D
Yep, If 'Dalton' wasn't already taken, we'd have to change his username for sure!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

K.Ingraham wrote:
Baseplate wrote:Watch Road House 3 or 4 times

:D
Yep, If 'Dalton' wasn't already taken, we'd have to change his username for sure!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ranger Ingraham,

Take away the pansy assed hair and... yea I can see it. I guess this makes you Wade Garrett ?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... m=1&itbs=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

:!: Remember that you are not immune from assault charges ! I have seen into too many bounchers who thought that they were.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

It isn't necessary for you to get physical with an unruly patron to get them to leave. Just let them know after you've told them to leave that they are now trespassing and if they aren't gone immediately you'll have the local Police introduce them to the inside of a cell. And then do it. Ask the Manager how far he wants you to go to stop fights, etc. Offering to let some asshole suck-start your 1911 is a great way to stop a fight, but it might also get you fired. And while we're on THAT subject, remember that getting someone to leave at gun point is just giving them the chance to come back with a bigger, better gun and ventilate some of your favorite body parts.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Slowpoke wrote:It isn't necessary for you to get physical with an unruly patron to get them to leave. Just let them know after you've told them to leave that they are now trespassing and if they aren't gone immediately you'll have the local Police introduce them to the inside of a cell. And then do it. Ask the Manager how far he wants you to go to stop fights, etc. Offering to let some asshole suck-start your 1911 is a great way to stop a fight, but it might also get you fired. And while we're on THAT subject, remember that getting someone to leave at gun point is just giving them the chance to come back with a bigger, better gun and ventilate some of your favorite body parts.
Ranger Slowpoke,

I'm not old enough for a pistol permit (NY :roll: ) so unless I tote a shotgun around the bar ( an entertaining, but unlikely possibility) firearms are kinda out of the question. I have been thinking about a sawed-off baseball bat though.

Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Always have several spotters around the trampoline while you are bouncing! :wink:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

NeverSayDie wrote:
Slowpoke wrote:It isn't necessary for you to get physical with an unruly patron to get them to leave. Just let them know after you've told them to leave that they are now trespassing and if they aren't gone immediately you'll have the local Police introduce them to the inside of a cell. And then do it. Ask the Manager how far he wants you to go to stop fights, etc. Offering to let some asshole suck-start your 1911 is a great way to stop a fight, but it might also get you fired. And while we're on THAT subject, remember that getting someone to leave at gun point is just giving them the chance to come back with a bigger, better gun and ventilate some of your favorite body parts.
Ranger Slowpoke,

I'm not old enough for a pistol permit (NY :roll: ) so unless I tote a shotgun around the bar ( an entertaining, but unlikely possibility) firearms are kinda out of the question. I have been thinking about a sawed-off baseball bat though.

You need to google ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON for your state. Find out how long you will be in PRISON (as in having a cellmate with a name like Tyrone) for the FELONY! Because the guy you smack with a club will not only press charges, he'll file a Civil Action for so much MONEY that your Grandkids will die broke!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Seriously. Physicality should be your last resort.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The Mosh Pit”