Ranger school ?

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Greenjarhead
Embryo

Ranger school ?

Post by Greenjarhead »

Hello,

First let me say thank you for your service to all...

I now will intro myself..

I am a 31 yr old prior service marine and was honorably discharged in 99.
I DEP'd into the Army on tuesday! (after about a year and a half of fighting, I made it.)
Signed 11 x an yes was given the chance at opt 40,, but as life would have it my credit less than sparkles.
So it can be done.. Anyway, I ship to WTC in November. I tell ya I am happier than 20 in 1's at a strip club!
I have been stalking this site the entire time, and can say that it kept the fire inside me lit every step of the way, VERY motivating ,, thank u for that.
I will tell you that I want to be a ranger, which leads me to a question. I know that I have ti get my past dues cleared for sec clearance, and am in process. But here is what is on my mind,
Three months before my discharge from the Corps, my CO and all his glory threw an article 15 my way.
The skinny~ I was in a car accident and tweaked my neck, got a doctors return to work note. I was back at my unit 4 days early.. A few days later all hell broke loose. I heard him talking to Gunney wanting to court marshal me and Gsgt told him imposible. Shortly it was brought to my attention that I had forged the return date. They showed me an "original" and the "fake". Now, I saw the difference. I denied it so on with the njp. I got "office hours" (buffed and waxed a floor for 7 days.) I just took it like a man and didn't dispute it. Still bothers me to this day tho. Man sorry for the long post heh heh.
Will this bs keep me from ranger school in near future, what should I do, it was 11 years ago,, is it my records, can I get it waived, etc.
I WILL be a ranger if this doesn't hinder me. I am a grown man now with no other legal issues, a family and a strong desire to serve. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you and sorry if something in my profile is screwed,, doin this on an iPod touch.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Ranger school ?

Post by Silverback »

You should be fine...do you know for a fact that the NJP will be included in your personnel file? If so you should be able to get it moved to the restricted area of your file.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Greenjarhead
Embryo

Ranger school ?

Post by Greenjarhead »

Not sure if it is how can I find out?? How can I move it to restricted section?
What about sec clearance papers,, and sf packet, isn't there a section that asks about njp diciplinary actions. I don't wanna lie.. No one asked me about it durring my enlistment..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Greenjarhead
Embryo

Ranger school ?

Post by Greenjarhead »

Btw, most appologies for posting in the wrong dagum forum,, it won't happen again...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for your past and future service.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Welcome Youngster. Thank you for your Patriotic service to our country and your continued Patriotic fervor to serve. I wish you well on your journey.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

The old art15 won't have anything to do with Ranger School.
Welcome back to the fight!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Greenjarhead
Embryo

Ranger school ?

Post by Greenjarhead »

OUT FRICKIN STANDING!!!
Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen! This green-dog is itch'n!!
Can't wait to get to play in the sandbox!
@ingram- will I have to mention it in any sec paper work or ranger packet??
Thanks again...

Infantry=100% BADASS
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Welcome.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Greenjarhead
Embryo

Ranger school ?

Post by Greenjarhead »

[quote="ZoneIV"]I am wondering. Could you be confusing Ranger School with getting a contract to go to RASP and joining the Ranger Regiment? The reason I ask is that the unit you are ultimately assigned to that sends you to Ranger School. Ranger School is not part of an enlistment contract.

right,,, I didn't get opt 40 in my contact on tuesday, due to my credit.

RASP,, RIP,, <--indocs right?
Isn't there an application/secclear. Paperwork?
Isn't there a section in security clearance and or RASP application that I would have to disclose the art15??
That is my actual question

I am just trying to eliminate the obstacles that stand before me, so that when I get to my unit whichever that is (asking for benning at osut) I will be squared away and able to go for the "gold".. I will bust my tail, do what it takes, and never quit..

I guess I could just wait and find out when i apply,, but that's not me, THATS why I believe I will be an outstanding soldier, I learn from the more knowledgeable dogs around me.

I just wanna do this right, want to get the chance to prove that I can become a ranger, just want to know FOR SURE ( if possible )
If I will have to disclose said info..

(damn you Cpt. Baker) lol

Again thanks for the info and the welcome!

Rangers absolutely DO, lead the way! HOOAH

Return to “Introduction Archive”