A sermon to all from the Pastor

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

A sermon to all from the Pastor

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ladies and gents.

I have no illusions as to societies gratitude for the soldiers on this board or in the miltary. We dont seek their gratitude nor their approval for what we did, what was sacrificed, and the scars some of us have on our bodies and souls. It may be nice but its not required.

This year at the Ranch on Memorial day, we were blessed to have a 90 year old veteran of WWII as well as representatives of every war and conflict to current day. Men who volunteered to do what others would not, could not, or even fathom doing it. We had men who who trained for the moment they would be called yet were not. But, they were there...waiting. They gave what they had to their country and asked for little in return.

At 54 years of age I look at you with pride, with absolute humble appreciation that I stand with you, know you, and call each of you brothers. Because we have above all else remained true to ourselves, to a code of honor, and held on to the values that warriors hold dear. We support each other and in fact ,hold each other far above the rest of the world....because we earned it. You earned it. The wives who stood with us and still do, the family that didnt quite understand why we did it but remained faithful, our kids who look at us and are proud...you are part of this.

This country may be on a slide to destruction but we are still here. We still hold the same views, the same pride, the same code of honor as we did and do in uniform. We did this for those who matter. We honor those who should be honored. We have contempt for those who deserve nothing because they have done nothing. We speak against idiocy because we earned that right. We gave more than the politicians, more than Corporations, more than those who trample on our freedoms. We stepped up and we still do.

To those who endeavor to serve, we salute you. To those who support those who serve, we salute you. And to those who have been our friends through thick and thin...we salute you as well. And to the rest of society that takes without giving, steals without paying, breathes without thanks....you have our contempt for you are lower than the hell you will visit and my fervant wish is that you die painfully and in bondage.

And to my brothers and sisters, be you Rangers, Army, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, or Navy. This Ranger appreciates you for what you did and what you did not do. You served well and you did not shirk your duties to your country, to your family, and to each other.

To my Ranger buds....We know what tough and ugly is. In each of you who served as a Ranger....we know. We did it, we did it for each other and God is my witness, you are the finest fuckers I have ever met, will meet or have aspiration to meet. Im proud of each of you because......we KNOW.

Happy 4th of July. Take a minute and tell a soldier that he/she is appreciated.

RLTW
The Pastor
Rock Island Ranger
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Bravo57
Ranger

Re: A sermon to all from the Pastor

Post by Bravo57 »

Thank you for leading the way, so that others could follow Pastor.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

We've had this conversation around your fire, Brother. You're one of the finest men I've crossed paths with, as are the others I've met here. Thanks for leading the way, as Bravo57 said.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Awesome post, Pastor!! It's always an honor hanging out with you.

Have a safe 4th everyone and don't fricken drink and drive.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Thank you for an awesome accolade to those who count. Before I arrived on this site I was very alone, I thank all of you for proving everyday I was wrong, I am proud and thankful to be a member and a brother of all who serve or who have served.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

al_2ndWolfhounds wrote:Thank you for an awesome accolade to those who count. Before I arrived on this site I was very alone, I thank all of you for proving everyday I was wrong, I am proud and thankful to be a member and a brother of all who serve or who have served.
Brother, many of us would not be on this site as Rangers if it wasn't for your generation of studs. You are the reason I enlisted!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

X2 on every post so far. Thanks Andy. I needed a little shot of inspiration today.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

hobbit wrote:X2 on every post so far. Thanks Andy. I needed a little shot of inspiration today.
Concur.......and few can be so eloquently inspirational as the Pastor, thanks Bud!!!!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Awesome post indeed, Pastor.

I hope everyone on ArmyRanger.com has a happy and safe 4th. " We know " what the 4th truely means, so enjoy it one and all.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Thanks for getting all "gushy" on me and now "go get me a sammich flathead"....lol
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

It's not that warm yet this morning, but my eye balls are sweating. Unfortunately I drive to Denver today to speak at the funeral of one of my college roommates tomorrow morning. He lost his battle with cancer last Friday. Losing a lifelong friend is hard but it does serve to remind one that the VERY most important asset in this world is a good friend. I believe myself to be the luckiest MF on this planet to have had the opportunity to spend a few days with the likes of you all!!!!!!! The fact that you are all Rangers makes it even better.

Thanks for the words Andy!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
The Surgeon
Ranger

Post by The Surgeon »

:twisted:
Last edited by The Surgeon on August 23rd, 2011, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bco 3/75
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

So few can adequately express what is common to those on this site, and Andy is truly one of those few.

Many thanks for your words.

As for me, there are many times I feel I am privileged and humbled to be permitted to belong to this site where so many great men hold forth.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"

Return to “The Mosh Pit”