RASP Not Sending 11B Grads to Regiment?

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Buzz
Ranger

Re: RASP Not Sending 11B Grads to Regiment?

Post by Buzz »

Lunch wrote:uld it have made more sense if I pointed that out first?? Glad you caught the jist.
Nah, after the first verse I fell right in with it.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

RRDTm3 wrote:and I weigh 185Lbs

That is funny as shit right there (and you can vouch that I way 200.... right?).
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

LOVEOFCOUNTRY wrote:1st off let me say that Battalion is not full of 11Bravos! My current plt is hurting for privates...In fact we are almost a God Plt except for 3 Privates who are about to get RFS'd for being worthless pieces of shit! We need 11Bs, but I will say that I have heard about 11Bs, in RASP, going through Battalions RTO course! As far as the tan berets with no scrolls hear and learn this...If you are a Ranger, you have a scroll! The tan berets w/o scrolls that you saw are soldiers from RTB, which is Ranger Training Brigade (Ranger School) which is something completely different and unassociated with the 75 Ranger Regiment! The RTB guys that you saw were probably at Airborne school conducting a BAR (Basic airborne refresher) for ranger school students! On a more personal note,...do not believe any rumors that you hear! If you want to be in BAT, then fucking go for it, dont find ways to talk yourself out of it! Take it from me, BAT is the fucking 1 string team of the US army!!! If you make it, you'll never regret it!
Young Ranger,
Check your PMs.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
mckeating
Infantryman

Post by mckeating »

Fate,

I graduated Airborne school like a week and half ago and I I'm not missing all the weak minded quitters who actually believed the garbage they heard. "Oh its a 4 month holdover!" "Regiment is full of 11Bs!"

Even if these things were true (which they aren't), who cares? Its well worth any wait and I don't know about you, but I want to finish the training I volunteered for. Every single infantry NCO I've talked to since joining wished they had the opportunity to go through RIP (or RASP). The first thing I learned in basic was listen to other privates, but don't absorb any of that information.
RangerJurena's mentee
johntriplecrown1
Embryo

Post by johntriplecrown1 »

Rangers i leave in five days 11b with option 40, will they continue my training through the christmas exodus? id rather not take 5 week break (give or take 3 weeks to wait for the exodus and 2 weeks for the break) between ABN and RASP.
Matt, Army DEP 11x option 40 contract, ship June 29 2010
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

johntriplecrown1 wrote:Rangers i leave in five days 11b with option 40, will they continue my training through the christmas exodus? id rather not take 5 week break (give or take 3 weeks to wait for the exodus and 2 weeks for the break) between ABN and RASP.

Keep your nose to the grindstone and don't look up until someone addresses you as "Ranger"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Cisco4711
US Army

Post by Cisco4711 »

johntriplecrown1 wrote:Rangers i leave in five days 11b with option 40, will they continue my training through the christmas exodus? id rather not take 5 week break (give or take 3 weeks to wait for the exodus and 2 weeks for the break) between ABN and RASP.
With the way my training looks like..I'm going to have like a 4 week period with exodus and holdover where I won't be in training school.
I plan on using that time to improve my PT scores...because theirs always room for improvement. Wouldn't be a bad idea if you did the same..
173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team
Feb 2010- Present
johntriplecrown1
Embryo

Silverback wrote:

Keep your nose to the grindstone and don't look up until someone addresses you as "Ranger"
roger Ranger Silverback
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

johntriplecrown1 wrote:id rather not take {a} 5 week break .
When you post again, post the definition of "id". It might not be the same as "I'd", the contraction for "I would".
Someday, you might have to give orders. You will be better understood if you use the right words.

As to your time-off preferences, it's a funny thing about the army. It's all mind over matter.
We don't mind. You don't matter.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
johntriplecrown1
Embryo

K.Ingraham wrote:
johntriplecrown1 wrote:id rather not take {a} 5 week break .
When you post again, post the definition of "id". It might not be the same as "I'd", the contraction for "I would".
Someday, you might have to give orders. You will be better understood if you use the right words.

As to your time-off preferences, it's a funny thing about the army. It's all mind over matter.
We don't mind. You don't matter.
Ranger the definition of Id is as follows: In Freudian theory, the division of the psyche that is totally unconscious and serves as the source of instinctual impulses and demands for immediate satisfaction of primitive needs.

your correct i did mean I'd, sorry about the typo im not good with a computer as i dont spend as much time on it as i do in my efforts to better my PT score.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

You know something, things clearly haven't changed with regard to rumors prior to getting to the modern day RIP.

We didn't have the "internet" to google "what to expect". And anytime you ever had the nerve to actually ask a bonefide Ranger what to expect the reply was always the same, "You'll find out when you get there". The closer you got to graduation from Airborne school the higher the number of EXCUSES you heard from others who ended up quiting before they even got there.

If you wanna mind fuck yourself before you even get the opportunity for the first time in your life to truly see if you have the "Right Stuff" then quit wasting time and get it over with.

For you young bucks who are asking questions so you can "plan" your vacation during some holiday, know this. That's the wrong fucking attitude, thinking about vacation tell's me you're not really preparing and thinking about what's coming down the road at RASP.

That's the only thing you should be thinking about and preparing yourself for if becoming a Ranger is truly your main goal.

Quit now so you'll free up a slot for some real young stud who thinks, prepares and does nothing else but focuses on becoming a Ranger.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
johntriplecrown1
Embryo

Well seeing as I have been on summer break for a month, I have gotten lazy with my proper grammer, why it matters I don't know and if it's such a huge deal that you would rather type hateful words at me then just answer my question then I will try harder for the next 4 days until I leave. But why you would rather waste my time with grammer school crap, I can't figure out. I told you I'm leaving for boot in what was 5 days, and i had one question for all the Rangers on this sight. Now one of my days has been wasted talking about the difference between Id and I'd. Besides, I'm eighteen, so while I know how to type in perfect grammatical form, most of the time I choose not to care. So am I lazy with typing? Yes. Am i a dumbshit? No.

Return to “About RASP”