Gun Safety

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Gun Safety

Post by NeverSayDie »

I'm considering getting an 5.56 AR15, so I can get accostomed to marksmanship with carbine rifles, and their accessories before shipping out. Only problem is my four year old sister could brake into the lourve and fingerpaint on the mona lisa if she put her mind to it, so my mom is understandably giving a NOGO on firearms in the house. What safety measures can I use that will be effective, keep my sister safe and help reverse the NOGO? (forgive the ignorance I'm from a gun control state)
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Gun Safety

Post by Baseplate »

if you are just buying a gun in order to better your self before you join the army, my advice is to save your money. You see the army will give you a fancy rifle and as much ammo as you could possibly want especally in the Regt. But if you are going to buy a new gun it should come witha keyed gun lock. If it is preowned you can go to any sporting goods store and buy a gun lock for $20 or less.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Save your money. you will get more than enough experience once you start training. the best shot in my OUST class was a guy who had never fired a gun in his life. No bad habits to get over.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

RangerX wrote:No bad habits to get over.
Roger RangerX, that makes sense. better to learn it the first time. Thanks.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

Return to “Weapons of War”