How many times can you recycle.

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
sbernal
Inprocessing

How many times can you recycle.

Post by sbernal »

Hi everyone. It's been over a year since i updated last. I'm at 1/75, will be heading to SRP hopefully in Feb. I'm wondering how many times you can recycle a phase or SRP. I have a budy who's been through SRP twice and is in his 3rd try at Darby. Is this his last chance? I'm just hoping he makes it.
I'm definately going to try and push straight through so i don't have to sit in the gulag thanks to Best Ranger 2010.
Anyway, thanks again for your time
Ship Date: 20080430

“Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.â€
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: How many times can you recycle.

Post by Jim »

I do not know that there is a specific number. It all depends on the individual situation. If you show promise, in my experience, they will allow you to continue. I did the mountains twice due to an injury. I know of cases where folks stuck aaround for several months. Don't worry -- just be happy (to have the opportunity).
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
fatboy
Ranger

Re: How many times can you recycle.

Post by fatboy »

When I went the unofficial rumor was that you could be there for up to 179 days- just short of 6 months, then you had to leave, and come back. It was something about anything over 179 days was considered a PCS move or some shit. worked out to be something like you could do each phase twice before you were a zero day recycle. But we did have some dudes that no shit had more patrols in the mountains then some of the RI's did. One was a Batt boy named Peak, and he was on a 1st name basis with most of the staff up there and the other was a IOBC cat named Morelli- that fucker had almost a year total in Hooah school. Both ended up graduating for the record though.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”