Springfield XDm

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Springfield XDm

Post by KW Driver »

Oto-Man wrote:
(Oh yeah, it was 83 today...just an FYI for you boys up north...anyone need an un-used snow shovel? 8) 8) 8) )
go fuck yourself, and yes, mail that fucker to me. there's white shit floating around in the air here, and someone said it was frozen water. it's a bullshit conspiracy, and I'm not sure I want to blame the gov or the fucking "global warming" motherfucking liars.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Lunch wrote:
Oto-Man wrote:[(Oh yeah, it was 83 today...just an FYI for you boys up north...anyone need an un-used snow shovel? 8) 8) 8) )
Not to hijack, but kiss my ass my balmy Brother...househunting in MN this week; -30 with windchill through 11am tomorrow. I love how much this sucks.

But back to the topic: how's the reach on the .40 for someone with short, fat fingers? I've traditionally always had a problem reaching much more than just the side of the trigger on full-size models.
The (M) series come with 3 different, interchangeable backstraps...I have short dick skinners also, and it fits my hand just fine...shit, my wife has hands the size of a hampsters, and she can still get a correct 2 hand, thumb forward grip.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Ribot0
Ranger

Post by Ribot0 »

I'm probably late to the party, but I just wanted to throw in another vote for the XD. I've got a XD subcompact in 9mm. The damn things gone through almost 3k rounds without any hiccups, ever.
Ranger Class 11-10
3-21 IN
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

I treat my XD(M) with the level of care it deserves..She is babied, coddled and talked to gently, rubbed with CLP weekly...
On the other hand, my XD Sub Compact is the most abused little bitch that has ever existed...I have shot hundreds and hundreds of absolute cheap ass rounds (are you even sure it is .40? bullshit ammo through her,) left her dirty for months, cleaning is a priviledge, not a right for her :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ...and she has NEVER EVER given me a malfunction...I trust that no matter what ever happens, SHE WILL FIRE...she is cleaned up right now and looking great, but I put that gun through hell, because if I ever needed her to fire...I wanted to make sure she would...and she has...even completely dorked up...

My XD's to me are like my dog (100 lb. yellow lab), I could bet her with a shovel and all she would do is wonder why I was loving her so hard!!!

I have found that when it comes to pistols...you like what you like. If they fit right in your hand, you have a good start to a winning combination...the XD series has NEVER let me down. Bottom line--they make a great, comfortable, durable, accurate handgun....for the money, I haven't found anything better yet.

B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

DEC wrote:Around Nov 08 i purchased an XDM 40. Currently it has at the very least approximately 9k rounds through it. On average i get 1 FTF for every 100 rds shot. Before The Pastor calls me out, Yes i probably do need to hold it like a man. But I also believe that the weapon being matchgrade and 1st gen that it is machined too tight. I'll be faithful to this weapon, but if i were to turn back time i would have gone with the XDM 9 or same caliber Glock 19.
And in contrast, I have an XDM 9mm 2nd generation that has performed flawlessly. Course, I know how to shoot the fucking thing. :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

DEC wrote:Next iteration: All weak hand
Try a decent cleaning and then decent ammo...should make a difference, since I have NEVER had a FTF in mine...even when dirty...Strong hand...weak hand...two hand...wont change the failure rate...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90

Return to “Weapons of War”