Introduction, Future Soldier

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Conway
Embryo

Introduction, Future Soldier

Post by Conway »

Hello Rangers and future soldiers,

First of all, Thank you all so much for your service to this country and your extreme dedication to the 75th. One day I hope to have accomplished as much as you all have. My name is Conway. I am 18 years old and I live in Cumberland, Maryland. I have wanted to join the Rangers as far back as I can remember and also have a very good friend I went to high school with who is in 2nd Bat. I could go on telling you why I want to join the Rangers but you all either heard it before or have those same reasons now. I received an Option 40 contract last month after battling with my recruiters to get it. My physical fitness level is not so great. I am not overweight nor underweight, but I lack upper body strength. I ran Cross Country and Track in High School so my cardio level has excelled. I will add my PFT results below. I have come to this website to learn as much as I possibly can for the preparation of BCT/AIT, BAT, RASP, and of course Ranger School. According to the welcoming PM, I am in the right place and I must say its an honor to be communicating with Rangers and fellow DEPS who share the same dedication.

SITREP
H/W: 5'11"/165
Push Ups: 54
Sit Ups:63
2 Mile Run: 11:52
5 Mile Run: 32:16
Pull Ups: 5 (need help with these I know it.)
ship date: 20100126
"I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees" -Emiliano Zapata
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction, Future Soldier

Post by Jim »

Well, Conway, a man's initial impression is a lasting impression. So far, you seem to have done some reading prior to posting an introduction, so you appear to be on the right track. As a general rule, we do not give the entire name, so I took the liberty of editing your introduction to comply with our operational security (OPSEC) policies. This one is on me, please be more careful in the future. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Well, wildman, you have somewhat restored my faith in DEP's and Future Soldiers posting intro's here.

Decent intro ( with some assistance from Ranger Jim ) and it appears you have a strong desire to become a U.S. Army Ranger.

Others will be along with some damn good advice...........

as for me, I only have two words....

You will probably hear them more than once...

NEVER QUIT !!!
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting to serve our country as an Army Ranger. Nice run times. Now you need to bear down on sit-up and push-up improvement, and my guess in on pull-ups as well. You may want to consider weightlifting to gain some strength. Check out the physical fitness forum on this site. When is your ship date?

Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, young man. I appreciate you desire to serve our great country. Keep working on the PT but where you will really need the upper body strength will be above that. Get you head right and then NEVER QUIT!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Conway
Embryo

Post by Conway »

Ranger Bill wrote:When is your ship date?
My ship date is 20100126 and I am not much of a weight lifter but I am currently doing the P90X exercise until I leave.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Conway wrote:
Ranger Bill wrote:When is your ship date?
My ship date is 20100126 and I am not much of a weight lifter but I am currently doing the P90X exercise until I leave.
Welcome stud. I have two things to add that will help you out if you heed my advice.

1. You will address anyone with the title 'Ranger' under their name as such, they have earned it. At the same time that will help to build your military courtesy, I.E.; "Yes Sergeant!" instead of "Ya sure Billy Bob." Understand?

2. When a man with Ranger Bill's credentials and experience offers even a mere suggestion of what you should do/or what will help you, I would highly advise you to drill that suggestion into your head and make it so. He didn't achieve all that he has by guessing.

For you to dismiss his 'suggestion' and tell him what you will do is not a good start for a young man asking for assistance.

Carry on, pay attention and do great things.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Conway
Embryo

Post by Conway »

Highly noted Ranger Cams.

Most of the questions I have are already answered here so forgive me if I do not post a lot. I will be posting for a Ranger mentor here soon and perhaps get the honor of having one of you as my mentor. I will keep all of the above information locked in my head. Until then, I am looking forward to soaking in more knowledge!
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Good luck in your endeavor!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Conway wrote:Highly noted Ranger Cams.

Most of the questions I have are already answered here so forgive me if I do not post a lot. I will be posting for a Ranger mentor here soon and perhaps get the honor of having one of you as my mentor. I will keep all of the above information locked in my head. Until then, I am looking forward to soaking in more knowledge!
Good answer.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introduction Archive”